Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14404 Discussions

Intel Core i5 4670K will it work on the frequency of RAM more than 1600 MHz

idata
Employee

Hello everyone, I have a question, there is a motherboard asus maximum of 6 Hero, RAM can work at a frequency of more than 1866 MHz, on the Intel site specified 1600 MHz is the maximum for the processor, whether the pair is 1866 MHz and 4670 K ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello VIP97,

I understand that you would like to know whether or not the memory over 1866Mhz will work properly with the processor.

Regarding this, the memory should work fine as long as it has the same voltage and it dos not exceed 32GB. Nevertheless,

the memory may actually be down-clocked to 1600Mhz or the memory controller will be overclocked to 1866Mhz. To avoid

any overclocking or problem when using the memory, I would highly recommend using the maximum supported memory,

this is to avoid any memory problem since I cannot guarantee 100% it will work with your system.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello VIP97,

I understand that you would like to know whether or not the memory over 1866Mhz will work properly with the processor.

Regarding this, the memory should work fine as long as it has the same voltage and it dos not exceed 32GB. Nevertheless,

the memory may actually be down-clocked to 1600Mhz or the memory controller will be overclocked to 1866Mhz. To avoid

any overclocking or problem when using the memory, I would highly recommend using the maximum supported memory,

this is to avoid any memory problem since I cannot guarantee 100% it will work with your system.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello VIP97,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

I hope the information provided helped.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos