Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Will multiple d415 devices interfere with each other at the same time?

ajial
Beginner

Hi everyone,

When I use multiple SR300 devices to collect data at the same time. I met a problem as follows:

1. I found that the interference of depth map is serious. The analysis may be caused by the interference of infrared spot.

2. I would like to ask if the replacement of SR300 with D415 can solve the problem of interference.

3. If D415 series of binocular computing depth and structural light calculation depth are used simultaneously, then when my use scene is within 0.5 meters, will multiple D415 devices interfere with each other?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Whilst interference with multiple SR300 cameras was a known problem when they were placed in close proximity to each other, it is less of a problem with the 400 Series cameras. The SR300 uses Structured Light, or Coded Light, for its projection, whilst the 400 Series uses Stereo imaging like the R200 and ZR300. Intel support have previously commented on this.

Intel encourage the scaling up of projects to multiple cameras instead of just one.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Whilst interference with multiple SR300 cameras was a known problem when they were placed in close proximity to each other, it is less of a problem with the 400 Series cameras. The SR300 uses Structured Light, or Coded Light, for its projection, whilst the 400 Series uses Stereo imaging like the R200 and ZR300. Intel support have previously commented on this.

Intel encourage the scaling up of projects to multiple cameras instead of just one.

0 Kudos
ajial
Beginner

HI MartyG,

Thank you very much for your timely reply.

I also read the relevant posts you provided "'Re: Multiple D400 RealSense simultaneosly".

According to result, at present, many D400 series of interference will be much better than the SR300, but there is still a certain number of interference, right?

Then I'm going to buy D400 series for some experiments.

Thank you.

Alexjialin

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

RealSense SDK 2.0 has tools for reducing noise, including post-processing filters and numerous configurable settings. So you should certainly be able to achieve a better image with multiple cameras than you could with the SR300 and previous RealSense SDK software.

0 Kudos