Items with no label
3335 Discussions

problem with Realsense Viewer v2.13.0

FChau1
Beginner

In the version 2.7.3 (as seen here https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/tree/development/src/media librealsense/src/media at development · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub ), it was possible to choose "record to a file" and then to choose the directory/drive to record the file.

In version v2.13.0 (on Ubuntu) it is only possible to click on the record icon and it saves the file in the home/documents directory.

Rosbag files are very large, then it is a problem when the file is recorded on the boot drive.

Is their a way to choose where to record the file ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I investigated your problem with the RealSense Viewer and experienced the same (files are saved to the machine's default documents folder). The only solution I can think of is to move the bag file to another folder or drive each time that you create one instead of doing multiple recordings and letting the storage space used increase to a large amount. I would not recommend changing your default document folder location.

0 Kudos
FChau1
Beginner

thank you... it is what I do. But Rosbag are very large files and my boot drive is an ssd with not enough room to record a large file.

I think it would be a good thing to be able, like in the past, to choose where you want to save the file.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The RealSense SDK has an Issues page on Github that is monitored by the RealSense engineering and development teams. You can post problems here, and if the message is not answered in a timely manner then it is automatically passed to Intel management. The idea is that everyone who posts an issue should get a reply eventually.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues Issues · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 3DScanProduction,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense Cameras.

We will like to thank you for submitting this issue. We will bring this information in the attention of the RealSense Team.

Thank you,

Eliza
0 Kudos