Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Librealsense2 and Visual Studio 2017 Library Linking

acroo1
Beginner

I have purchased a D415 and D435 camera and am working on a depth sensing application in visual studio 2017.

I have read through the documentation on Github and I have the examples working in VS2017 (compiled opencv and librealsense2 in cmake), but now I am ready to create my own application with only the libraries that I require.

Is there documentation that exists or could anyone to walk me through how to set up my own visual studio application and link the librealsense2 library to the project without using the full package?

I know I need a .lib and .dll files, but those don't seem to exist in the librealsense github master until after I build with cmake. Do I just have to use the build folder to link to?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I recently wrote a guide to linking with Visual Studio 2017. I hope it can be useful to you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I recently wrote a guide to linking with Visual Studio 2017. I hope it can be useful to you.

0 Kudos
acroo1
Beginner

That does help, thank you!

Would you recommend placing the entire librealsense folder from github in the project folder or will just the build folder created from running cmake on the librealsense download suffice?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I've never actually built a project in Visual Studio - linking is as far as I have got (I usually only use Visual Studio for writing Unity game engine scripts, which don't require building by me as Unity handles the compilation part). So others on this forum will be able to give you better advice on this question than I can. Good luck!

0 Kudos