Items with no label

D400 and Open3d

FChau1
Beginner

I would like to know if anyone here is using the lib open3d for development and if you get any success with it, especially using their "Reconstruction system".

It looks to me that the parameters for the odometry we have to use with the D400 are very far away from the one they used with their Xtion.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

In a recent online webinar session, Intel mentioned the possibility of using Open3D with 400 Series cameras to combine point clouds into a "mega point cloud". A transcription of that webinar is available at the link below:

0 Kudos
FChau1
Beginner

yes.. thank you. I saw this statement.

" Discussing the Open3D open source point cloud library, the possibility of combining point clouds into a "mega point cloud" was mentioned."

But at the moment, the consecutive images does not align well using open3d for us.

We get a result using plain rgb images extracted from a rosbag but no chance with depth + rgb images with open3d.

Then I think it has to be with the parameters.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

There is a forum discussion about peoples; experiences of using the 400 Series with Open3D. They mention that although public datasets taken with Asus Xion seem to work fine, data that they recorded with D435 had problems.

https://github.com/IntelVCL/Open3D/issues/231 Support for RGB-D cameras · Issue # 231 · IntelVCL/Open3D · GitHub