Items with no label
3335 Discussions

LibrealSense2 not a vallid assembly ?.

PBoos1
New Contributor I

I got a bit confused trying to reference this dll, (modified) example code that asked for librealsense2.dll

The file is just there, nothing seams wrong about, but i cannot refference it (VS2017)

Has Librealsense recently be functionally changed ea no longer a valid com component or so ??

here dll version info :

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PBoos1
New Contributor I

Hm ok, now at least i know where it went wrong

I was working on writing C# wrapper code for various brands of camera's.

And I had re-downloaded some of the files as i had some problems , i wanted to re-aply firmware last week,

(unaware there was a version update in the sdk), then i tried a small test project based upon (me unaware) "new" C# example code.

This was for the other question i raised here about ( enabling / disabling IR laser), ..

I went back to my Zip's restored all 2.11.0 folders got old samples back and they worked.

I had moved some folders around to make room for some other SDK's for other hardware (GigE etc).

The example from the full restored Zip file worked

Amazingly I have completely missed the news of a new SDK, have there been anouncements (what's new articles etc ?? )..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I recently wrote a guide to linking references with Visual Studio 2017.

0 Kudos
PBoos1
New Contributor I

Has there been a SDK update recently or so, cause i dont recall that referencing the 2 dll's in my past projects was a problem.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you are using SDK 2.13.0, the required CMake version to build librealsense project files was promoted to 3.8.

0 Kudos
PBoos1
New Contributor I

in the folder names i see version 2.11.0 is mentioned, was this a recent change ?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

2.13.0 was released 2 weeks ago. The next SDK version is due any time now.

Are you using SDK 2.11.0, please?

PBoos1
New Contributor I

Hm ok, now at least i know where it went wrong

I was working on writing C# wrapper code for various brands of camera's.

And I had re-downloaded some of the files as i had some problems , i wanted to re-aply firmware last week,

(unaware there was a version update in the sdk), then i tried a small test project based upon (me unaware) "new" C# example code.

This was for the other question i raised here about ( enabling / disabling IR laser), ..

I went back to my Zip's restored all 2.11.0 folders got old samples back and they worked.

I had moved some folders around to make room for some other SDK's for other hardware (GigE etc).

The example from the full restored Zip file worked

Amazingly I have completely missed the news of a new SDK, have there been anouncements (what's new articles etc ?? )..

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Awesome, I'm really glad you found the solution!

When a new SDK or firmware version is released, I announce it on the front page of this forum. I know that announcements can get pushed down the list though if it is a busy day for questions. Alternatively, you can also track releases yourself on the SDK downloads page. Updates are released approximately every 2 weeks.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/releases/ Releases · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

0 Kudos
PBoos1
New Contributor I

Ah ok so frequently.. i dont see that a lot with hardware, then i'll clone the git repro, thanks for you answers

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Yes, Intel are doing frequent SDK updates so that they can respond to user feedback and provide fixes rapidly where possible. Users can use the Issues page on Github to highlight problems they may be having, and this page is monitored regularly by the engineering and development teams.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues Issues · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

The development progress and developer conversations inbetween updates can also be followed transparently on the Pull Requests page.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/pulls Pull Requests · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

Have a great weekend!