Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Frames didn't arrived within 5 seconds && Firmware has an older version && RS430 firmware can't upgrade using DFU Tool

翠李
Beginner

1、Frames didn't arrived within 5 seconds(linux);

2、No Frames Received!(windows 10),Current fireware:05.08.06.00, minimal firmware version:05.09.09.02

3、RS430 firmware can't upgrade using DFU Tool。Once you begin your upgrade,the realsense disapper in the Device Manager,and then Failed to burn fireware.

I want to know if I must use USB3.1(My computer only has USB3.0);How can I solve these problems?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
WTatt
New Contributor I

FWIW - we found that there are issues when trying to update the firmware on d4xx sensors on some versions of windows 10 - more specifically it seems when using the most recent builds - and especially if you have older usb 3.0 ports.

Try different computers - at least till the core issues are sorted.

Westa

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thanks for your help with this case, Westa!

Frames not arriving can indeed be an indicator that there is an issue with USB. The connector on the 400 Series is USB 3.0. However, not all USB ports on the computers are made equal. Even on the same machine, you can have the situation where the camera does not work in some ports but does in another.

Ideallic, are you using the short USB cable that was supplied with the camera, which is validated by Intel for use with the camera? Like USB ports, not all USB cables are equal either, and some third-party cables may not work with the camera. A supplier of cables known to work with the 400 Series cameras is Newnex.

0 Kudos
翠李
Beginner

My computer is WIndow 10 professional edition.The USB calbe is using the supplied one.

I try the two USB3.0 ports on PC(windows) ,and the other two ports on LINUX,there is no one is useful.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

On the image that you supplied, it said that your camera is identifying as the less capable USB2 mode instead of USB 3.0. The chances of USB2 occurring can be reduced if you unplug the camera and then push it into the USB port fast and firm instead of inserting it slowly.

An easy way to tell if you are in USB2 mode is to run the RealSense Viewer program. If you are in the USB2 mode then the camera name at the top of the options panel says "Intel RealSeense USB2"

0 Kudos
翠李
Beginner

Yes ,in the realsense viewer software tool,It's also Realsense USB2.

0 Kudos
翠李
Beginner

I also want to know ,why the device is RS430, but on the linux, It's name is Intel Realsense USB2.

And when I run the rs-depth demo in the SDK.It's has the following tips.

When I take the RS430 down,and leave only the D4 card,It's has the same questions.It seems that the RS430 does not work.

0 Kudos
翠李
Beginner

We are ready to apply RS430 to our robots.I must ensure the module can be applied on all robots,and when i power on the robot,the modules can correct recognitized, rather than change computer or plug it faster.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I checked the documentation for the Windows and Linux firmware updater tools. They both specified that USB 3.1 should be used to run the tool. Having USB 3.0 ports should not be an obstacle to using the camera in general though. I have 3.0 on my laptop and my D415 works fine. So the updater tool requirement does not explain why your camera would be in USB2 mode.

The irony is that recent firmware versions included some fixes for USB2 mode occurring, but you need to be able to update the firmware in the first place to get the benefit of those fixes.

0 Kudos
翠李
Beginner

MartyG, thanks for your replies,Let me upgrade the firmware first.

0 Kudos
翠李
Beginner

I looked at this document, and the problem hasn't been solved yet.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The firmware documentation is still at 5.9.13 at the time of writing this, so doesn't show the changes in the latest 5.9.14 version. They usually update the documentation shortly after releasing the firmware.

0 Kudos