Items with no label
3335 Discussions

About Realsense SR300's feature.

KLee65
Beginner

Hi, there.

I 'm developing a system using realsense sr300.

When I see the product datasheet , a question arises to me .

What means 'Texture mapping of depth to color' in feature script ?

I think that it means the product provides to us aligned image.( That is, solving disparity of depth and color images )

Is it?

if i'm wrong , please explain about the feature description.

thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I apologize for the delay in responding. It was necessary to think very carefully about your question, because there was the potential to get texture mapping (often referring to applying detail to the surface of a 3D model) with coordinate mapping (overlaying depth coordinates on a color image).

Given that the same feature list that you quoted also mentions these as separate items:

- Synchronized Depth, Color, Infrared Video

- Depth Unprojection to World Coordinates

By a process of elimination, I would therefore tend to think that 'texture mapping depth to color' refers to 3D modeling, like the image below:

Somebody else may be able to confirm or correct this assumption. I'm sorry I can't be more definite on this occasion.

-

KLee65
Beginner

Ah, thank you for your answer.

Then, is there a basic matching tool for following situation?

Suppose I'm streaming scenes . Then , IR images (from left & right imagers) and the depth image are different in field of view and scale with the synchronized color image.

So I want to make these differences be same. ( If there is the tool which provides a solution of difference in case of resolution, then it is icing on the cake. )

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I would recommend using the SR300 with the RealSense SDK 2.0 (which SR300 is compatible with) instead of the old 2016 SDKs.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/wiki/Projection-in-RealSense-SDK-2.0# frame-alignment Projection in RealSense SDK 2.0 · IntelRealSense/librealsense Wiki · GitHub

In SDK 2.0, characteristics of its use with SR300 include:

Depth images are always pixel-aligned with infrared images

The depth and infrared images have identical intrinsics

The depth and infrared images will always use the Inverse Brown-Conrady distortion model

The extrinsic transformation between depth and infrared is the identity transform

Pixel coordinates can be used interchangeably between these two streams

Color images have no distortion

0 Kudos