Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

intel hd graphics windows 10 black screen

KGrzy
Beginner

Hello,

I have recently installed latest windows 10 Pro Education 64 bit on laptop. Everything works fine till the intel hd graphics 630 driver is

installed. After that screen goes black, after restert the same. I have tried to install diffrent drivers, have all

currnet windows updates. Currrenlt I have installed the newest intel 630 driver (24.20.100.6194), both from .exe

and manually from .zip file, but the issue persist.

My laptop is Lenovo Legion y520 with intel HD graphics 630 and Nvidia 1050Ti.

Is there any resolve for my issue?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You should use only the drivers from Lenovo. And, this goes for both the Intel driver and Nvidia driver.

There are reasons for this. Those drivers were likely customized or modified by Lenovo for that specific laptop, with dual graphics.

Doc

0 Kudos
KGrzy
Beginner

I have also installed drivers from lenovo, they don't work too.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kamwill,

Thank you for your response.

In this case the answer provided by al.hill is correct. This system has hybrid graphics and it is strongly recommended to try with their drivers. You can even try to contact them directly for assistance.

This is because we supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers can change the features, incorporate customization, or make other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. To avoid potential installation incompatibilities, we recommend that you first check with your computer manufacturer and use the driver software provided.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kamwill,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

Were you able to get in contact with Lenovo* support to address the issue?

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
BBolo
Beginner

Hy, I have the same laptop, and I get the same problem, I downloaded the driver from the Lenovo site, and after installation black screen, I reinstalled the windows, and after that installed the driver and black screen, i tried to install older drivers and still black screen. I checked it with an IT service, they said they tried everything, and it must be a hardware problem. Can it be something else? I realy don't like the idea to lose it for a week or two until they give if back if I send it to the seller who gave the warranty.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello balazs27,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, I would recommend you to do the same as what I advised kamwill, please try to get in contact with Lenovo* and ask them for directions to re-install the drivers and/or operating system, if there is a hardware problem then they are the ones who can address the issue.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos