Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Disable beeping sound when changing Bluetooth audio volume

GUser1
Beginner

My laptop has an Intel Wi-Fi + Bluetooth chip. I have updated to the latest driver version, 20.60.0.4.

The problem is, that Intel's Bluetooth driver seems to ignore Windows sound scheme (I disabled all sound effects), and plays a beeping sound when I change the audio volume of Bluetooth audio. How can I disable that beeping sound?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi GenericUser,

We understand that you're having an issue where a beep sound plays when you adjust the setting of your Bluetooth device, we would like to let you know that this is more of an adjustment that needs to be done in the Sound options of Windows. You can disable this sound like the following:

1) Right click the sound icon and click on Sounds.

2) On the program events list, look for the Default Beep sound.

3) Click on the drop down box and set it to (None), which is the first value available.

4) After this, the default beep shouldn't sound anymore when adjusting the volume for your audio devices.

Let us know if this works for you.

Regards,

Leonardo
GUser1
Beginner

No, the "Default Beep" is already empty, because I am already using the "No Sounds" scheme. When I change the audio volumes with internal speakers, I do not get this beep sound; I get this sound only when using the Bluetooth audio. But it is not issue of Bluetooth audio receiver, because on the same laptop, I installed Linux, and when I change the Bluetooth volume on Linux using the same receiver, I do not get that sound. So, I am 99.99% sure that the sound is coming from the Windows driver which was made by Intel (or by Samsung... but I guess Intel is more likely).

So, no other people are having the same problem?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi GenericUser,

There may be an additional configuration or program triggering the sound. Please keep in mind the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® driver does not add this type of sound effects.

We advise you to check the Sound configuration, review the properties of your Speaker under Playback Devices, additional plugins like Dolby* (or similar) may also add the sound effect.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi GenericUser,

We are following up on this thread, let us know if you were able to get this issue solved with the beeping sound.

regards,

Leonardo
0 Kudos