Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

Disable dithering

MLeo1
Beginner

Hi,

I am currently experiencing problems with my display. I have a monitor and keyboard/mouse that goes through a KVM switch and to a PC. The PC has an integrated Intel Graphics Card P4600/P4700 installed in the PC.

I have been told by the manufacturer of the KVM that the source of the issue may lie with temporal dithering and this needs to be disabled. How can I go about disabling this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello mattleo123,

I understand that you are currently experiencing some issues with your display.

Regarding this, I will need more information about what the problem is. What problem are you experiencing? Also, I will need to request an Intel ® System Support Utility report, which you can generate with our tool. The tool you can download it from the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Please attach the report to this thread so we can assist you further.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
MLeo1
Beginner

Hi there,

I am using a KVM extender to extend the range of my display from the PC itself. I am experiencing problems that when using the KVM the screen is flickering. Without the KVM, no flickering occurs.

The manufacturer of the KVM has told me that I need to disable dithering from my gpu, as this is known to cause flickering issues with the KVMs.

I am under the impression that Intel may be able to provide me with a driver that has the dithering disabled by default, I am also told that disabling it may be possibly via the registry editor.

I can run the utility tool when I am back in the office on Monday, but ultimately I just need a way to disable this dithering setting.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MLeo1
Beginner

Still looking for assistance with this.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello mattleo123,

I can confirm that there are no options available today to control this (i.e. dithering status) from the end-user side. Please reach out to your system manufacturer to verify if they have enabled any method to disable dithering.

Please also keep in mind that as per company policy, the Intel Customer Support staff does not provide assistance with the Windows Registry modifications.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos