Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Blanking from Custom Resolution differs from EDID Data

idata
Employee

Hi,

the video blanking from my HDMI differs from the EDID settings.

The EDID Data which was received by Windows is correct:

I checked the EDID Data which was received by DDC on both sides (Display EEPROM and Windows with MonInfo an other tools).

> Resolution (HACT/VACT) 1280x480

> Pixelclock: 40,480

> HFP: 70

> HPW / HSW: 15

> HBP: 1

> VFP: 11> VPW/VSW: 1> VBP: 2 Now I check the Videotimings of the HDMI Signal (buildin function of my HDMI receiver) and the blanking parameters differs from the EDID data:

> HFP: 1 (instead of 70 like windows received)

> HPW / HSW: 69 (instead of 15 like windows received)

> HBP: 16 (instead of 1 like windows received)

> VFP: 12 (instead of 11 like windows received)

> VBP: 1 (instead of 2 like windows received)

Because of the high difference to the original values the TCON can't sync anymore and the display stays black.

Some Resolutions work fine, some not. Also tested on a Linux system where the resolution works fine.

Why are the parameters different? Windows bug or driver bug? What are the "rules to observer" to get almost the blanking parameters I need? The absolute exact values are not neccesary because the TCON can compensate a few percent.

I'm using

Intel(R) HD Graphics 520

Driver Version: 21.20.16.4678

Operating System: Windows* 7 Professional (6.1.7601)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Bernd Schmieder, We will do our best to try to fix this problem.

Since the processor works with Intel® HD Graphics 520, we can try to install the latest version of the graphics driver 15.45.23.4860:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27360/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-%3Fproduct%3D88355 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27360/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?product=88355

Additionally, we recommend to contact the manufacturer of the monitor/display for them to provide the specific settings needed to be able to set customs resolutions using our application.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Bernd Schmieder, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos