Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Prevent Pin Window From Always Being on Top?

FCity
Beginner

I have installed the Intel Unite Enterprise Hub and connected it to my enterprise server. I disabled full screen mode so the computer can be used normally with the Pin displayed in the small window. The only problem is the window is always displayed on top which breaks touch screen functionality in Windows 10 for any metro apps and even the settings screen. Nothing can be selected using the touch screen until Intel Unite is closed.

Is there a way to run Intel Unite in some kind of minmizable window and or an option to not have the window force itself over all other windows? I read through the deployment guide and took a look at the profile options given to me in the Admin Portal and only see options for full screen mode and not but no other window type options.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello fonit

Thank you for joining the community.

I see that you are having problems with the touch feature once you are running the Intel® unite HUB; allow me to help you with this investigation.

Could you provide me with the following information?

What is the model of the HUB?

What is the model of display? If the HUB is not an all in one system please provide me with the full specs; If the HUB is an all in one system could you provide me TXT file that Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Steps to save the report:
  1. Run the utility.
  2. Click on "Scan" to get the scanned system.
  3. Once the scan is complete click on "next".
  4. Use the "save" option, save the report to your desktop.
  5. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Also, if the HUB is not an all in one system, please run the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* on the HUB and attach the ssu.txt file to the thread.

What is the version of Intel® unite that you have installed on the system?

By the way, besides the touch screen situation that you are having, is Intel® unite working properly?

Regards,

Leonardo C.
0 Kudos
FCity
Beginner

The touch display is a Dell 70" Interactive Display C7017T

The Hub itself is a Dell Optiplex 7050 / Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500T CPU @ 2.70GHz (4 cores) / 16GB Ram / Intel(R) HD Graphics 630:1024 MB / Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise x64 (1803)

Intel Unite 3.3.150.19 is installed on the PC and is configured as an Enterprise Hub.

I have the Intel Unite App set to autolaunch at any user log in. Application loads the pin window fine but it cannot be moved and is forced on top of all windows which causes the touch screen functionality to break.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello fonit

Thank you for your response.

I would like to test the system with the lasted driver version for your Intel® HD graphics diver 630, please follow these steps to complete a clean installation of the graphics driver.

First, you will have download the Intel® HD graphics 630 driver version on the following link https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27892/a08/win64_24.20.100.6194.zip https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27892/a08/win64_24.20.100.6194.zip, once the driver is downloaded please make sure that the unit is not connected to the internet during the uninstall/install of the driver to avoid any automatic update, and follow these steps to uninstall the graphics drivers:

1. On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R, then type in devmgmt.msc
  2. Expand the Display Adapters section.
  3. Find the Intel® Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).
  4. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  5. Select the checkbox Delete the driver software for this device.
  6. Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.

Once the reboot is completed, please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver:

1. Use the .zip file downloaded previously.
  2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
  3. Right-click on the Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
  4. Click "Yes" when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
  5. Expand the Display adapters section.
  6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
  7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
  8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
  9. Click "Have Disk".
  10. Click "Browse".
  11. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".
  12. Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".
  13. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click "Next". Drivers are now being installed.
  14. Reboot your computer.
  15. And let me know if you have any issues during the installation.

Once this process is completed test system with the Intel® unite app, and please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Steps to save the report:

1. Run the utility.
  2. Click on "Scan" to get the scanned system.
  3. Once the scan is complete click on "next".
  4. Use the "save" option, save the report to your desktop.
  5. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Leonardo C.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello fonit

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos