Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel 9462 (Code 10)

ESo1
Beginner

This card came with the Dell laptop will not start regardless of the driver version. I have tried 20.50 to 20.80. None of them worked. The card is recognized by Windows 10. Dell service rep suggested rolling back to Windows April update. Installed the update and still experience the same issue. I am wondering if the card should be replaced. Any one can give me some pointer to remedy the issue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Since this has not worked since you got the laptop, I would have Dell replace the card or the laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
ESo1
Beginner

I do not want to send the machine in because I will have to create a backup which would take days. They do not want to send a replacement card because it's not a customer replaceable part.

Anyone had the same issue with a solution? The card was working fine until recently I updated the bios and windows...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello esoworld,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

Please try a clean install of the wireless driver provided by the system manufacturer in case of corrupted driver/settings.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Clean install of the wireless driver

If these steps do not fix this issue, please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello esoworld,

Were you able to follow the steps recommended?

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos