Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel AC 7260 bluetooth connection interrupted/paused

JLe4
Beginner

Hi there, I've change my old wireless card to Intel AC 7260 (7260.HMWWB.R) for few weeks. It's ok on Internet connection. However, when using bluetooth devices, it often has interrupts, about every 30 - 60mins. For example, my headphone has repeated voice in slow speed (just like playing an old scratched disc music) for few secs. With my mouse, it's interrupted for few secs while moving. Sometimes it's totally lost connections with devices although it still shows that 2 devices connected.

I've made a double check with another bluetooth mice but the problem is still there. However, my friend doesn't have any problem if they using my stuff.

I'm using Sony Vaio FIt 14" laptop (SVF14A16SGS), Windows 10 Home 64-bit (Build 17134).

Bluetooth driver: 20.60.0.4

Please let me know what should I do. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello james.le

Thank you for joining the Intel® community.

• Have you tried a clean installation of the Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers? If you have not please refer to the link below for steps to complete the clean installation.
  • Since you are motioning that you have Sony Vaio FIt 14" laptop (SVF14A16SGS) I would recommend contacting the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) if once you have completed the clean installation the behavior persists.

Clean installation of the wireless driver:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
JLe4
Beginner

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue with the original wireless card is common, even techspot has a report on it. You can have a look on:

https://www.techspot.com/news/53879-widespread-reports-of-sony-vaio-notebook-wi-fi-issues.html https://www.techspot.com/news/53879-widespread-reports-of-sony-vaio-notebook-wi-fi-issues.html

Basically they suggest to change the wireless card by Intel Centrino 6235 or AC 7260. I've bought the AC 7260 because my router supports AC standard.

Although I've not contacted OEM, I hope you understand my case!

I've made a clean installation. Luckily I have another windows 7 on my old HDD so I'm gonna make a double check with that!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello james.le

Thank you for the information.

In this case now that you have mentioned that the clean installation of the drivers did not help on the behavior that you are having and that this seems to be related to the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) built I would recommend contacting SONY to address the situation and if the integration of the adapters could be done to the system.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
JLe4
Beginner

Hi there,

I'm sorry for replying lately.

After having tests many time, I've concluded that it's about windows 10 rather than driver problems.

At first, warnings has been shown for every interrupt in the Event Viewer.

BTHUSB - Event ID 34:

The local adapter does not support an important Low Energy controller state to support peripheral mode. The minimum required supported state mask is 0x491f7fffff, got 0x1fffffff. Low Energy peripheral role functionality will not be available.

I've found out that this error is quite common. A solution for the error is to uncheck the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", although I don't really wanna do it. I think it has worked well so far.

I'll update for any future error.

Thanks for your support!

0 Kudos