Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 keeps dropping connection

JKola2
Beginner

Hello everyone, this is not a question it's just my report.

If you have recently updated (as updating the drivers for the existing card) your Wireless card in your notebook you may discovered you are having major issues with internet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and having problems with DNS. I couldn't fix the issue for a long time until I reverted back to old drivers.

I discovered that the issue was with this program and drivers: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 64-bit, Version: 20.70.0 and 20.80.0

What I did was that I reverted back to these drivers: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 64-bit, Version: 20.60.0.7.

Now everything works perfectly and no more issues and problems with Wi-FI card dropping connection. I hope Intel your programmers will find the issue beacuse I think there is a bug in these drivers. Hope you could resolve it.

My setup is:

Lenovo ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-5th-Generation-Laptop

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Version: 1803

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Janez

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Updated as in replaced the card with another one, or updated as in updating the drivers for the existing card?

Doc

0 Kudos
JKola2
Beginner

as updating the drivers for the existing card, thank you, I corrected the mistake

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello janez33,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos