Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14534 Discussions

Atom z8750 TDP

AGorb5
Beginner

Where can I get any information about Atom z8750 TDP or max wattage? I have already looked in datasheets (docs № 332065 and 332066), but no success. There is also no Z8000 series thermal guide on Atom technical resources page. Does anyone know something about z8750 TDP?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

JustLogin: We will do our best to provide the information you are looking for.

On the following link you will find the data sheet for the Intel® z8750 processor, in there you will be able to see and confirm the TDP of the unit, page 24:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/atom/atom-z8000-datasheet-vol-1.html

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AGorb5
Beginner

Sorry, cannot find TDP there. If you are talking about table 3 "SoC SCU List" (there is z8750 indeed), I cannot find other wattage columns than SDP.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

JustLogin: That is all the information showing in the data sheet about the TDP for this processor, there are further details on page 239 but it is not showing the wattage or any other value. So, in that case we will do further research on this subject.

Just for documentation purposes, is there any particular reason why you need that information?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
AGorb5
Beginner

Yes, I have a reason to ask. I've bought Z8750-powered device and tried to measure total Atom SoC wattage during CPU+GPU-intensive tasks. Are they games or just soft (but still not synthetic torture tests), HWInfo shows me 6 watts total consumption (CPU Package Power field). And the fan goes like it's really 6 watts. Despite all the temperatures meet the requirements, I'm not sure this is OK, because SDP is 3 times less. So I want to know more about Atom x7 Z8750 consumption.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

JustLogin: Thank you very much for providing that information.

In this case we will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any update I will post all the detail son this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

JustLogin: After doing further research we can confirm that the Max temperature (TjMax) for this processor is 90 °C, however wattage specifications will vary depending on system integration, so in order to get that information the best thing to do will be to get in contact with the manufacturer of the computer.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos