Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Intel Optane Memory Error Code 0xA005004B

CCiou
Beginner

Hi All,

Trying to get my Optane Memory to accelerate my secondary drive. The application identifies my Optane Memory and all the drives.

When I set it to the secondary drive, the error code shows: 0xA005004B.

I've search through all of the support pages and googled. I can't find any reference to this error code so not sure how to resolve.

Specs:

CPU: Kaby Lake i5-7500

MB: Asrock z270 supercarrier

Secondary drive: DT01ACA300 MX6OABB0 3TB

Optane memory: M10 32GB

Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello hrhm,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Technical Support.

As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If we infer correctly, to begin diagnosis and consequent troubleshooting that could take us to a resolution, and we would appreciate if you could, please, reply to this post with the following, important, basic information:

• A screenshot of the "Disk Management" of windows showing all your HDDs and partitions.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
CCiou
Beginner

Thank you for the quick response.

0 Kudos
CCiou
Beginner

I tried to set up again, it showed same error.

Attaching The OptaneMemoryUI log file.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello hrhm,

Thank you for your reply.

From the Disk Management screenshot, we noticed that you don't have a reserved unallocated space of at least 5MB at the end of the boot drive. This is necessary for the module to work properly. Since you installed your OS seems to be that at the moment of partitioning your C: drive you did not reserve that space.

Please create this unallocated space and try again to accelerate your system. If after creating this unallocated space at the end of the drive you are still not able to accelerate your Secondary/Data drive we advise you to check the information below:

-We recommend you to back up the information in your Secondary/Data drive and to perform a low-level format on the drive following the information from this article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006198/memory-and-storage.html Run a Low-Level Format on Intel® Solid State Drives . Running a low-level format has solved secondary drive acceleration issues in previous cases so you may find it useful too.

-It may be possible as well that the Intel® Optane™ Memory has to be cleaned. You can clean the module following these steps:
  • Open the Command Prompt as Administrator.
  • Run the command diskpart.
  • Run the command list disk. Please take note of the ID associated with the Intel® Optane™ Memory. If possible please take a screenshot of this output too as it shows useful data.
  • Run the command select disk . Make sure to use the ID from the previous step.
  • Run the command clean all. This will start the cleaning process on the Intel® Optane™ Memory. The process will delete all data so make sure you are selecting the correct unit.
After doing this and making sure your BIOS is configured properly, try again to enable the module.

We will be looking forward to your reply in case that you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CCiou
Beginner

Thank you Josh.

I rebuild a new partition, and reserve several unallocated space at the end of the secondary drive.

It works perfectly fine.

Thanks the good jobs. Thank you!

0 Kudos