Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Example code for .NET Core

idata
Employee

I've been searching high and low for example code using .NET Core but haven't been able to find anything, is there anyone that have an example to share or could point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Whilst there are no examples specifically for .NET Core, the RealSense SDK 2.0 does have .NET Framework compatibility in the 'csharp' category of wrapper. The main page for this wrapper has a C# example program, and links to several tutorial programs.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/tree/master/wrappers/csharp librealsense/wrappers/csharp at master · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

I believe that this is the first question that has been asked on this forum about .NET Core, so I'll post Microsoft's definition here for the benefit of other readers. .NET Core is "a cross-platform version of .NET for building websites, services, and console apps", whilst .NET Framework is "a Windows-only version of .NET for building any type of app that runs on Windows".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Whilst there are no examples specifically for .NET Core, the RealSense SDK 2.0 does have .NET Framework compatibility in the 'csharp' category of wrapper. The main page for this wrapper has a C# example program, and links to several tutorial programs.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/tree/master/wrappers/csharp librealsense/wrappers/csharp at master · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

I believe that this is the first question that has been asked on this forum about .NET Core, so I'll post Microsoft's definition here for the benefit of other readers. .NET Core is "a cross-platform version of .NET for building websites, services, and console apps", whilst .NET Framework is "a Windows-only version of .NET for building any type of app that runs on Windows".

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I do have have semi working code for the .NET core but have run into issues trying to use a PointCloud. I'm getting a nasty missing DLL exception using the Points.CopyTo and was looking to find out if any one else had run into the same problem and perhaps how to solve it. The exception only occurs on my linuxplatform (Ubuntu 16.04), on windows it works as intended.

1) Exception Information

Exception Type: System.DllNotFoundException

Message: Unable to load shared library 'msvcrt.dll' or one of its dependencies. In order to help diagnose loading problems, consider setting the LD_DEBUG environment variable: libmsvcrt.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

TypeName:

Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

TargetSite: IntPtr memcpy(IntPtr, IntPtr, Int32)

HelpLink: NULL

Source: Intel.RealSense

HResult: -2146233052

StackTrace Information

at Intel.RealSense.NativeMethods.memcpy(IntPtr dest, IntPtr src, Int32 count)

at Intel.RealSense.Points.CopyTo(Vertex[] array)

PointCloud pointCloud = new PointCloud();Points points = pointCloud.Calculate(frames.DepthFrame);Points.Vertex[] vertices = new Points.Vertex[points.Count];points.CopyTo(vertices);
0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The best place to seek an answer to this question is likely to be on the RealSense GitHub site, where the RealSense engineers and developers reside. You can post your question there by going to the link below and clicking the 'New Issue' button.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues Issues · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Marty, will do that.

0 Kudos