Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

How To Solve This 'Intel Turbo Boost Max 3.0' Startup Annoyance?

MAust1
Beginner

I'm breaking in a brand new, eight-core Cyberpower PC. From the first time it was turned on, each and every time the computer starts, a pop-up window appears over the desktop showing an "Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0" app.

This pop-up should have never appeared. Screenshot attached. I want whatever program is behind it to run but then close its own window and run unannounced in the background.

How can that be easily configured to do so?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello The1stSoulRider,

Thank you for posting in our Intel ® Community.

In this case, please try to install the latest version of the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26103/Intel-Turbo-Boost-Max-Technology-3-0 Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 driver in order to get rid of the pop up.

Also, in order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego Sanchez Campos.

Intel (R) Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation

MAust1
Beginner

Thank you, Mr Campos. I uninstalled the version 1.0.0.1033 of the "Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 software and rebooted before installing version 1.1.0.1005. On the first and (so far) only restart the pop-up window did not appear. This is promising and I will continue to test for a time. If the annoyance is solved an upload of the log will be unnecessary.

Your support was valuable (although reasonably expected) as the tasks required in this instance were beyond either the willingness or skillset of CyberpowerPC. I'd sent them an e-mail which has received no response.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello The1stSoulRider

Thank you for your response.

Please monitor the results so I will keep an eye in your thread in case that something happens.

I will follow up in around 5 days to make sure that everything went well.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego Sanchez Campos.

Intel (R) Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello The1stSoulRider,

We just wanted to double check if you need further assistance?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
MAust1
Beginner

Hello, Diego and Intel,

As an experienced, often expert LAN and PC administrator, I know that this annoyance should have never happened in the first place on a brand new, fairly expensive computer, right out of the box, and that the PC's manufacturer, CyberPowerPC was incapable of providing appropriate technical support.

But since applying the software patch Intel suggested in this thread, the original problem hasn't appeared, and no new ones from the patch have been noticed. That means the case must be considered solved. I thank you, Diego.

Mike

0 Kudos