Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Can't open intel uhd graphics control panel

AMerc4
Beginner

I recently updated my Ideapad 330s laptop to Windows 10 1803 update and after that, I had a problem with which I wasn't able to change the screen brightness so I also updated the intel graphics 620 driver. After all that I can't open the Intel UHD Graphics Control Panel anymore. What can I do? I just want to disable some options regarding video playback enhancements and power saving.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello AceeBlue,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

Performing a Windows* 10 update and installing a generic version of the graphics driver can cause this issue. If you installed a generic graphics driver, it is recommended to go back to the graphics driver validated by your system manufacturer since some original equipment manufacturers (OEM) modify how to access the Control Panel.

If you do not see the Intel® Graphics settings on your desktop, you may follow the steps below to perform a clean install of the graphics driver provided by Lenovo*.

330S-14IKB Laptop (ideapad) https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/300-series/330s-14ikb/downloads Drivers and Sofware.

1.Disconnect your unit from the internet.

2.Uninstall both the Intel Graphics driver and the Intel Display audio driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

-Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method

-Uninstalling the Intel® Display Audio Driver or the Intel® HDMI Audio Driver via the Device Manager Method.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html

3.Restart your computer. Go to the device manager and check if Windows* installed another version of the graphics driver. If it does, please remove it and restart your computer one more time. Repeat the process until you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

4.Once you do, please proceed with the clean install of the latest graphics driver.

5.Once the latest driver has been installed, you may enable the internet connection again.

You can also:

Review the Lenovo Self-Help: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/300-series/330s-14ikb/videos/VID100756 How to update to the latest drivers.

Simultaneously press CTRL+ALT+F12 on your keyboard.

**Hot-key functions can be disabled by OEMs.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AMerc4
Beginner

I did this and installed the latest driver (23.20.16.4901) available for my device from the Lenovo Support website and I'm just back to the original problem. When I check the driver from device manager, it says Windows stopped the device because it has a problem (Code 43).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AceeBlue,

I would like to take a look at your system configuration. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
AMerc4
Beginner

I've attached the report and also update, I just got a windows update for the Intel display driver (from 23.20.16.4901 to 23.20.16.4973) that fixed the screen brightness issue though I still can't open the Intel Graphics Control Panel.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AceeBlue,

Thank you for your response.

Because you cannot open the Intel Graphics Settings and it is not an option on your desktop, the recommended step is to contact your computer manufacturer since system customizations can modify how to access it.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos