Items with no label
3335 Discussions

SR300 init fail @64bit sample binaries

heum
Beginner

Hi there,

I tested a sr300 at different desktop PCs but critical problem occurred.

I installed 'intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_10.0.26.0396.exe' and 'intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718.exe' to two different desktop PCs(PC1 and PC2).

I have two different cases.

At PC1 : All sample binaries(32bit/64bit) work well.

At PC2 : 32bit sample binaries work well but 64bit sample binaries doesn't work, init fails and GUI is closed in several seconds after 'start'.

PC1 has a mainboard with x99 chipset, one NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPU and an intel core i7-6800K CPU.

PC2 has a mainboard with x299 chipset, two NVIDIA Quadro P4000 GPUs and an intel core i9-7920x CPU.

Windows version(64bit) and device status are as follows each.

PC1: work well

Windows 10 version 1803 build 17134.286

Depth driver version at device manager 10.0.17134.1

RGB driver version at device manager 10.0.17134.1

Virtual driver version at device manager 12.11.38.553

PC2 : has problem

Windows 10 version 1803 build 17134.320

Depth driver version at device manager 3.3.27.5718

RGB driver version at device manager 10.0.17134.1

Virtual driver version at device manager 12.11.38.553

What's wrong?

My project has been all stopped.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

My own experience with the 2016 SDK and the sample programs is that programs that specify a bit version at the top of their window when they open are the most crash-prone, whilst samples that don't have a bit reference in their title at the top of the window always run.

If you want to run the pre-made binary versions of the samples, a method that makes the samples launch more reliably is:

STEP ONE

Go to the folder location where the sample binaries are stored. This is by default:

C:// > Program Files (x86) > Intel > RSSDK > bin

There is a pair of folders here called win32 and x64.

STEP TWO

Copy the x64 folder to another location on your computer, such as the desktop. This is because the Program Files(x86) folder is a 'protected' folder on Windows that you cannot write data to. This means that the sample binaries will not function properly if launched from this folder, so the files need to be placed elsewhere. The original purpose for Intel placing the samples here was to provide a means of recovering the sample programs if they get lost.

STEP THREE

Once the x64 folder has been copied to its new location, open it there and launch the sample binaries by double left-clicking on them.

0 Kudos
heum
Beginner

Thank you for your response. Marty.

I tried what according to your instructions.

But It didn't work.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The problem is likely not with your processor, an X-Series Skylake generation chip, because the X-Series is supposed to work fine with RealSense.

The 2016 SDK has a program called the Camera Explorer that you can use to test the camera. You can find it by going to the text box at the bottom of your Windows screen (the one by the corner button where you shut down) and type camera explorer into the box.

If your camera is detected, it should appear as a white-lit panel that can be clicked on, like the image above. This takes you to a page where you can run tests with the camera. If the camera is not detected, the SR300 box should be grayed out and say 'not connected'

0 Kudos
heum
Beginner

Thank you again. Marty.

Yes of course I can see my sr300 through the@ camera explorer

because it works well at 32bit sample binaries.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I am aware it works with the 32 bit binaries but it is advisable to check various possibilities when testing RealSense cameras to diagnose a problem. Thank you for your patience.

The launching of the samples in the 2016 R2 can be erratic. You may get greater stability if you compile the source code of the samples on your PC to create your own binaries tailored to your PC's hardware. Otherwise, I would recommend using the current 'RealSense SDK 2.0', which is compatible with the SR300. It can be downloaded from the link below.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/releases/ Releases · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hella TeraM,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense Technology.

We wanted to advise you to try the https://software.intel.com/en-us/realsense-sdk-windows-eol Intel RealSense SDK for Windows R3, as we noticed you are currently using R2.

As a note please be aware of the fact that the build version of Windows is different.

PC 2 has a newer build version. Can you tel me if the 64-bit programs ever worked on PC2 before it was upgraded to the latest Windows build?

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Casandra .
0 Kudos
heum
Beginner

Thank you for your response.

64bit sample(SDK R2) have never worked(init failed).

I bought PC2 in Aug. 2018 and re-installed windows 10 last week to fix this situation.

Yes I have already tried SDK R3 at PC2.

32bit sample worked but 64bit worked for several minutes and blue screen appeared.

The program worked for a while, so maybe it's better than R2.

Inevitably after replacing PC2's main board(X299) with x99 chipset mainboard(X99-E WS), I confirmed that 64bit(R2) sample works.

But the number of expansion slot lanes of x99 is less than x299 so does not meet my expected file reading bw.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello TeraM,

Can you tell me if you have tested other 64-bit programs?

A Google search for "X299 64-bit crash" returns many results.

Thank you in advance for your answer,

Casandra
0 Kudos