Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

How can you tell if the Intel Duel Band wireless-AC 7260 is malfunctioning

RLeve1
Beginner

I am running Win10 on an HP Envy Desktop 750-116 connecting wirelessly to a Linksys EA8500 router at 5GHz. The PC uses an Intel duel band wireless-AC adapter. Several months ago I started have network disconnects and this is increasing in frequency. I have to run the MS troubleshooter each time and it "fix"'s the problem. I've looked at the report generated and cannot tell what the problem is. All it ever stated is: "Reset the 'Wi-Fi' adapter".

How do I find out what the problem is? This is getting VERY annoying.

Do the *.Repair.1.etl files contain anything that addresses this? I don't know how to open these.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello @rich,

Thank you for posting.

We are not familiar with.etl files, but I can help with troubleshooting tips. See below.

• Isolate the problem
    • Has anything changed on the computer since that time? For example, has the access point or environment changed?
    • Change settings or parameters one at a time. Don't change multiple settings at once. Write down the setting you changed and the result. Note whether the change has a positive or negative impact on the problem or whether it changes the symptoms.
    • Do other computers have the same issue, or is it just this computer? For example, do all computers on the same network have the same issue?

Amy C

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@rich,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Amy C

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos