Items with no label

video flash

fwang22
Beginner

When I record the .bag file with the viewer, and then played back it,I can see the lights flash in the video.This had a big impact on my study of variation between frames. So what should I do?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Does the room that you are recording in have fluorescent lights such as ceiling strip-lights? If so, in these lights, they contain a gas instead of a bulb, and they can flicker at frequencies that are hard to see with the human eye and cause disruption to RealSense images. The effects can be reduced by running your stream at 60 FPS so that the stream frequency is closer to the frequency of the fluorescent lights.

0 Kudos
fwang22
Beginner

I changed the fps, and I compared the result of 30 fps and 60 fps,. when I record the .bag at 30 fps, the light flash can be reduced, the light in the room is flourescent light.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Do you need further assistance, please?

0 Kudos
fwang22
Beginner

Yes, I need assistance, I want to get good samples to research , so it is very important.Samples requirements must be strict.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

In some test images Intel created when demonstrating the Visual Presets of the camera under florescent lighting, they used the following settings:

- 30 FPS

- Auto-exposure on

- 1280 x 720 resolution

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/wiki/D400-Series-Visual-Presets D400 Series Visual Presets · IntelRealSense/librealsense Wiki · GitHub

0 Kudos
fwang22
Beginner

Thank you.This is very useful for me.

0 Kudos
fwang22
Beginner

I need a higher fps,so can I only change the lighting condition to get the no flash video?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If your florescent lights are strong, you might get some useful camera tuning insights from Intel's guidelines about using the camera in bright light. Click on the image in this link to view it in full size.

0 Kudos
fwang22
Beginner

If I reduced the exposure to near 1ms,I can't obtain the required information.So is there no way to avoid this flicker unless the lighting conditional was changed?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you cannot change the lighting, FPS or exposure level (and you also do not wish to filter the stream's data with post-processing), creating a custom configuration for the camera with a 'json' file may be the next option to explore.

Before that though, I would recommend trying the latest 5.10.6 firmware version though, as it adds a fix for flickering when using auto-exposure.

0 Kudos
fwang22
Beginner

Hi MartyG,

I want to know what is the improvement between ht version 2.16.1 and version 2.16.2?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The release notes for 2.16.2 have not yet been released at the time of writing this, so I do not know everything that is added in the new version yet. The link below describes the features that are known to have been added, from the details on the downloads page.

0 Kudos