Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Can't execute Intel RealSense Viewer

BYoun5
Beginner

Nothing happened after clicking the icon of Intel RealSense Viewer in desktop.

what should I do?

0 Kudos
17 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Can it be opened if you right-click on the launch icon and select 'Open' from the menu?

If that does not work, are you able to launch the Viewer if you reboot your computer and then try to run it?

0 Kudos
BYoun5
Beginner

I tried you suggestions,but still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Did you download and install the 168 mb 'Intel.RealSense.SDK.exe' file?

0 Kudos
BYoun5
Beginner

Yes.

I have installed the SDK for Intel realsense.

I have uninstalled and then reinstalled SDK for few times.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

And the Depth Quality Tool program also installed by the SDK on the desktop does not launch either?

0 Kudos
BYoun5
Beginner

Depth Quality Tool program does not launch either.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

This seems to be a very rare problem, though it has occurred with at least one other person. Thank you very much for your patience.

Next, please open the Settings window of Windows. you can find this by typing Settings into the text box at the bottom of your Windows screen, next to the button where you shut the PC down. On the Settings window, please go to the Privacy option, then the Camera option, and check if 'Allow apps to access your camera' is set to On.

0 Kudos
BYoun5
Beginner

I found that I didn't install display driver after reinstalling the OS.

I can launch Viewer program now.

Thank you. <3

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Updating the graphics driver was going to be my next suggestion if the Windows settings page wasn't the problem. So it's great news that the driver was your problem and you were able to solve it. Have a great day!

0 Kudos
WFuku
Beginner

Hi.

I would like to solve an issue that cannot execute Intel.RealSense.Viewer.exe ( version=2.19.0.570 ). Even I double clicked it, notthing works.

Operation System Im using is Windows 10, and the device I have and want to use is T265.

I have already tried

- Execute Windows Update 

- Update Graphics Driver via GeForceExperience

- Make enough space on the storage

- Unplug and re-plug device

- Try to use other USB 3.0 port 

- Reboot PC

- Confirm it allows to use Camera in Settings of Control panel 

Any advise or comment will be appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The RealSense Viewer uses a graphics technology called OpenGL Sometimes a problem with launching the Viewer is therefore fixed by updating the graphics driver, but you have already tried that. If you are using a Geforce driver, that should have OpenGL support built into it already.

Have you installed the full RealSense SDK 2.0 program (329 mb) and not just the Intel.RealSense.Viewer program (20 mb)?

1.png

If you have the full RealSense SDK 2.0 installed and you still have no success with launching the pre-made executable version of the Viewer, the next steps I would recommend are:

1. Try launching the Viewer without the T265 plugged in to eliminate the possibility that the disruption to launching is caused by the T265.
  2. Try opening the Viewer by right-clicking on its launch icon and selecting 'Open' from the menu that pops up, instead of double-clicking on the icon.
  3. If the Viewer still does not open, check if it is being blocked by the Windows Defender Firewall. You can find the firewall by going to the text box at the bottom of your Windows screen (next to the button where you shut down the PC) and typing 'firewall' into it. If you have any other protective security software such as Norton installed, check the blocking lists on those too.
0 Kudos
WFuku
Beginner

Hi. MartyG

Thank you for replying.

I tried what you recommend but it looks like the issue is not solved.

I have just tried execute the Viewer not SDK, so I also attempted to install it. A dialog showed up and the process is finished. However the problem cant execute the Viewer still occur.

I have attempted also

-Unplug the T265 when launch the Viewer.

-Tried to open from right-click menu instead of double-click

-Disable firewall on Windows Defender

Thank you for your kindness.

I still need any solution for this issue. If somebody has any idea for help please let me know.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Do you have another PC you can try it on, please?

0 Kudos
WFuku
Beginner

Yes.

I have been trying with my own PC at home.

I have a choice to do with another one in the Office.

It looks like it's better to try this.

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Costelha
Beginner

Hi,

I am having this problem too, and it is driving me nuts. I have tried with the "single viewer" and through the one installed with the SDK. The samples work just fine, including the rs-pointcloud.exe, but both the viewer and the dept-quality applications close immediately after being opened (I do not even get to see a window pop up) . I have tried running through the command line (power shell) but the result is the same and no output is given.

I am using Windows 10 64-bit (1909 (10.0.18363)) with the Intel.RealSense.SDK-WIN10-2.32.1.1297 with the D435 on a ASUS UX430UA.307. I have an Intel® HD Graphics 620 with the drivers 26.20.100.7755 (09/01/2020).

I have confirmed that in my privacy options that the option for apps to use the camera is enabled.

Any idea?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

As you have up to date Intel HD graphics drivers, as a next step I would recommend posting a question on the RealSense GitHub forum to receive advanced support on this problem. You can do so by clicking on the link below to go to the GitHub and clicking the 'New Issue' button to post your question. Thanks!

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues

0 Kudos
Costelha
Beginner

Thanks, I have just done that in a reply to issue #5707.

0 Kudos