Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Can't fix Intel SR300 with Windows 18262

LSpol
Novice

the_jesus

The topic in locked thread here: is repeating again, over and over.

I followed the instructions from the official support website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026184/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology.html Windows® 10 Issues with Intel® RealSense™ Cameras SR300 and F200

and from your post here:

but nothing solved.

If I try to uninstall the depth camera manager, I get this screen:

The installer logs are attached.

this is my Device Manager:

and this is what my camera app says:

and of course Windows Hello doesn't work.

other logs are attached as well.

0 Kudos
31 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Luca,

Just to be clear, you followed the troubleshooting steps listed in /community/tech/realsense/blog/2017/04/07/windows-10-creators-update-build-15063-is-not-compatible-with-intel-realsense-sr300-camera-driver this article, but were not able to successfully uninstall the DCM from your computer, correct?

The error that you're getting while trying to uninstall is due to corrupted registry keys.

I suggest following what Marty G. posted earlier to uninstall the DCM (that page can be found https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed here). After the DCM is uninstalled successfully, continue with the troubleshooting steps listed on the article mentioned above.

Regards,

Sahira
0 Kudos
JZamo3
Beginner

I have been having a similar problem after installing the October 2018 Windows 10 Update. My current version is Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809, OS build 17763.55. I have used the Microsoft tool to uninstall all the Intel RealSense DCM code. When I follow the "Troubleshooting Steps," neither Device Manager nor Windows Update can find newer drivers, but the "Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300 Virtual Driver" entry never appears in Device Manager, only the RGB and Depth devices show up. I have tried unplugging, rebooting, uninstalling from Device Manager, but none of these has been able to bring back the Virtual Driver. How can I proceed?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I can recall having a similar problem with the SR300 drivers last time I reinstalled them. In 2017 Intel changed the driver installation process for the SR300 so that it became possible to install the RGB, Depth and Virtual drivers automatically if the drivers were not already installed, just by inserting the camera into the USB port. This installation was done through the internet via Windows Update.

So, if you wanted to initiate this process for a reinstallation, you could go to Device Manager, right click on each of the three RealSense drivers (RGB, Depth and Virtual) and select 'Uninstall'. Then when all three drivers were removed, you would unplug the camera, wait a couple of seconds and plug it back in, and then the drivers would automatically download and reinstall on their own.

However, the last time I did this process during 2018, the reinstallation failed. I repeated the process today and it still failed. The primary symptom of this failure is that 'Unknown Device' appears in the Imaging Devices section of the Device Manager instead of the RealSense drivers.

The fix for this in my case was to right-click on Unknown Device and select the 'Scan for hardware changes' option. Over the course of about 30 seconds, the Device Manager window flashes a few times to indicate something is happening in the background, and then the Depth and Virtual drivers appear in the Imaging Devices section.

However, a noticeable difference is that the RGB driver may no longer appear. Instead, it appears - sometimes under the Camera section - as a generically titled 'USB video device'. I tested it in the RealSense Viewer and the RGB stream of the camera still works though.

0 Kudos
JZamo3
Beginner

I just tried this, with similar results, except the Virtual Driver doesn't show up. The Depth driver appears properly under Imaging Devices, and "USB Video Device" appears instead of the RGB driver. The Virtual driver is nowhere to be found, and Windows Hello doesn't recognize the camera. The regular Camera app works fine using the RGB stream.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

On one of my attempts to reinstall the drivers, the Virtual Driver ended up in a section of the Device Manager for drivers with problems called Other Devices. Do you have an Other Devices section on your Device Manager to look in?

0 Kudos
JZamo3
Beginner

I don't have an Other Devices section. The only other RealSense related entry is "Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera Virtual Bus Enumerator" under "System devices". There is no sign of Virtual Driver anywhere.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Do you have another USB 3 port on your computer that you can try the camera in?

0 Kudos
JZamo3
Beginner

I just tried in a different USB port on a different bus, and I got the same result: The RGB driver shows up (as USB Video Device), the Depth driver shows up, but the Virtual Driver is nowhere to be found.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

In the past when I have had an RGB and Depth driver but a missing Virtual driver, the solution I used was to use the unplug-plug technique to get the first two drivers from the internet, and then install the DCM program to get the Virtual Driver. I recall that it sometimes took more than one install attempt with the DCM to succeed. Each time the DCM failed to install the Virtual driver, it was necessary to uninstall the DCM program before installing it again.

I'm very sorry you are having so much trouble with this driver.

0 Kudos
JZamo3
Beginner

I thought DCM was not supposed to be required any longer. Should I try installing DCM?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

There's no rule against using it. The auto-download over internet method of the drivers is just much easier, when it works. DCM is still useful for situations where there is not an internet connection, as you can download the installer and take it on a USB stick to the non-internet PC where you want to install it.

As the SR300 drivers are not updated any more, the DCM and net-downloaded drivers will be the same. You can download the SR300 DCM file (intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718.exe) from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25044/Intel-RealSense-Depth-Camera-Manager?product=92329 Download Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager

0 Kudos
JZamo3
Beginner

When I try to install DCM, the installation fails in the pre-requisites stage, with the message, "The installer failed to detect an Intel® RealSense™ 3D camera on this system. The installation was terminated." Is there a way to bypass the prerequisite check and force the installation?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I do not know of a way to bypass this check. It is the cause of many failures to install the DCM. It indicates that there is a USB issue on the PC which is preventing the camera from being detected. Sometimes only one USB port on a PC is affected and you can install using another port. Sometimes it works with none of the USB ports on that machine. I have experienced this problem with my own SR300 many times.

Sometimes, using a mains-socket powered USB hub can help, instead of plugging the camera directly into the PC. On my own PCs, a free-of-charge workaround to provide the camera with the necessary power is to attach a partially charged chargable device such as a tablet to the USB 2 port so the device begins charging, and then plug the camera into the USB 3 port.

0 Kudos
JZamo3
Beginner

Wow. Ok, I'll keep trying with different USB configurations. Thanks for all your assistance!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thanks for your patience too. I truly understand how frustrating it can be, as I have been through it all myself as a user. Good luck!

0 Kudos
JZamo3
Beginner

Some good news. I connected a hub to the same port I was using for the camera, and then connected the camera to the hub, and the Virtual Driver got installed! Now Windows Hello works again. Very strange, but I'll take it. Thanks again. Your last comment turned out to be the key!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Awesome news! I'm really pleased that you got the driver installed.

0 Kudos
JZamo3
Beginner

As a follow-up, once the Virtual Driver was installed, I was able to unplug the camera from the hub and plug it directly into the USB port and use it without a problem. The hub seems to be necessary only to get the driver to install; it is no longer needed once things are working.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I've seen that happen a couple of times before. Thanks so much for your report of further evidence of this phenomenon.

0 Kudos