Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

ASUS ROG GL552VW Intel 530 graphics - Dual Monitor issue

JDELA3
Beginner

Hello

I have this driver version installed 25.20.100.6326 (I installed it today because for some reason the previous driver started acting up, strange colors and flashing screen on the main laptop screen. I'll attach a video).

Anyway, I've been using an external monitor with this laptop since I got it December 2016. An ASUS VH242H, it has been working great. I updated to the newest driver today and windows sees the external monitor as does the Intel HD Graphics control panel, however, the external monitor is black. I had been using driver version 21.20.16.4550.

Please find attached the text file from the SSU app, a screenshot of the intel hd graphics panel (I don't know why the monitor is listed as a TV, the built-in speakers I guess), and a video showing the issue I hit that made me install a new driver. I thought maybe the internal video was going bye-bye at first. Booting into Safe mode showed me different.though.

Any idea why the new drivers won't work?

Thank you

Jon

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello jdelano,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

This problem could be related to the Windows* version you are using, in fact, you are using a Windows 10* testing or "beta" version which is not stable and could potentially give issues like this, you are using a build that is not proven to be stable. With this in mind, what I can recommend you to do is to either, rollback to a valid stable version and see if the driver works with that version, or , use the driver version that was working for you before.

Since the Windows version is the insider's preview we cannot guarantee any driver would work with your system, it is recommended to contact the manufacturer and get the latest drivers provided by them, here is a link I found for you:

https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-GL552VW/HelpDesk_Download/ https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-GL552VW/HelpDesk_Download/

* Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there. *

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
JDELA3
Beginner

I decided to restore my previous backup, all is well again. I've been running the insider builds for 4 years. I've never had a problem such as this and as I said. it was fine. My main issue with the new driver is that it doesn't work with the external monitor where the old driver does. Either way thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos