Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Windows Hello issue on SR300 windows 1809 17763.55

smao1
Beginner

I had done this before

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026184/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology.html Windows® 10 Issues with Intel® RealSense™ Cameras SR300 and F200

but windows hello can't even open, after click the start button it just crashed, please help

0 Kudos
14 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

There was a case during the past week of Windows Hello not working with SR300. The problem was apparently linked to the camera's Virtual Driver not being installed. The user was eventually able to install the Virtual Driver and then Windows Hello worked for them again.

There should be three drivers in your installation - RGB, Depth and Virtual driver. Sometimes the RGB driver is in the 'Camera' section of the Device Manager instead of 'Imaging Devices'.

Could you open your Device Manager please and see if you have a Virtual Driver in the 'Imaging Devices' section of the Device Manager?

0 Kudos
smao1
Beginner
0 Kudos
smao1
Beginner

I reinstall the driver

intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718

this showed up, but still not working

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III
0 Kudos
smao1
Beginner

i'll do some tests, thanks

0 Kudos
smao1
Beginner

still not working. But also thank you.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I am guessing that you are still on the Setup window for Windows Hello, and have not actually used it for login yet? I ask this because the image you posted resembles the Windows Hello setup screen in English.

It would make sense if you were on the setup screen, as a lot of Windows Hello users have reported crashes when at this stage - not just for RealSense, but for setup of fingerprint scanner identification too.

Microsoft's advice to Windows Hello users with crash problems is to use the Device Manager to completely uninstall the device that you are using to access Windows Hello (whether it be a RealSense camera or a fingerprint scanner).

After uninstalling the drivers, they do not suggest reinstalling them the normal way, such as with the RealSense DCM. Instead, they suggest doing a scan for hardware changes using the Device Manager. There is a button for doing this at the top of the Device Manager. The hardware scan should detect that the device does not have drivers, and then find and install the drivers.

0 Kudos
smao1
Beginner

thanks, but not working= =

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Have you got the SR300 camera plugged into the USB port when you click the start button, please?

I know this sounds like a silly question, but if the start button is clicked when the camera is not plugged in, the Windows Hello window closes automatically as though it has crashed.

0 Kudos
smao1
Beginner

Yes

I click the start button and then it crashed

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I ran some more tests. When the start button is clicked, the green light on the camera tries to come on, and then goes out again immediately if there is a problem with accessing the camera.

The camera usually has a problem with being detected if there is instability on the USB port. I have this detection problem with my own SR300 on my laptop. During the tests, Windows Hello would immediately close when the start button was clicked if the USB port was not being supplied with extra power. When power was added to the port, the start button worked fine.

One way to stabilize the port is to plug the camera into a mains-powered USB hub instead of directly into the computer. A workaround that also works for me is to attach a USB device to the USB 2.0 port that can be charged, such as a tablet or phone, and then attach the SR300 camera to the USB 3.0 port. This method enabled me to successfully use Windows Hello setup after the start button was clicked.

The method I use is in the link below.

0 Kudos
smao1
Beginner

Yes, it should be, I know what it works fine.

This sr300 run well on other machine which I install 1709 first and update to 1803 1809,

but on my usual machine , I install 1803 or 1809 , doesn't work at all

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If the camera and Windows versions 1803 and 1809 work fine one one machine but not on another machine with the same Windows versions, the problem probably is with the power stability of the USB ports on that particular PC. Not all USB ports are made equal. Sometimes a RealSense camera will work fine with one PC and not another one.

0 Kudos
smao1
Beginner

it's the bottom @MartyG

0 Kudos