Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Rainbow Six Siege flickering on Intel HD 4000

idata
Employee

Hello, i'm hoping some moderators or admins do see this because my brother's laptop has an huge problem with the game lately.

Long story short, since 2016, with newer drivers and such, the game has been working greatly, now, as of the latest update, Grim Sky, the game on the Intel HD 4000

does have flickering issues. This happens on the main menu, where the rain isn't rendered properly and just flickers everywhere and in game as well, depending on the maps, some are literally unplayable, others instead still have

flickering but the lesser...

eitherway, i was wondering if there's a chance for a fix in a newer Intel HD 4000 driver?

Because as i was saying, back in 2015 the game was utterly unplayable, with black textures, artifacts and such but if newer drivers were able to fix it all, i'm sure something could be done for this flickering issue too.

We already tryed old drivers from 2016 up to the latest but they didn't fix the issue...

Laptop specs:

DELL Latitude e6230

Intel Core i5 3320m 3.20ghz with Turbo Boost technology

4GB Ram

Intel HD Graphics 4000

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Valen,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

The flickering issues described above seem to be related to system requirements. According to https://gameplay.intel.com, you may need newer platforms to play this game.

Intel® Core™ i3-4005U Processor

Intel® HD Graphics 4400

https://gameplay.intel.com/en-us/PromoPage/Index/603517/i34005u/1/3

Intel® Core™ i3-4100U Processor

Intel® HD Graphics 4400

https://gameplay.intel.com/en-us/PromoPage/Index/603517/i34100u/1/3

Now, the newest driver available at our Download Center for Intel® HD Graphics 4000 is version: 15.33.47.5059 (Latest) Date: 9/18/2018. Have you tested this graphics driver?

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Valen,

Were you able to test the latest graphics driver?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Warren,

thank you for replying, and sorry for get back so late.

Yes, i did try the driver, homever, the issue is still present sadly...

Also, i did notice that forcing vsync in the Intel HD Control panel, in certain maps and in certain specific areas, there was less flickering.

It's still there and it's still bad but yes, i wanted to point this out because maybe It could help perhaps at resolving this issue

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Valen,

Thank you for your response and your feedback.

The drivers available at the Download Center are generic. This means that using these drivers may or may not address the game flickering. Keep in mind that they are not customized for your system, which may cause several issues while playing demanding games.

Also, this game has major game updates that usually require hardware upgrades such as adding more memory to the system. Our recommendation is that you can contact the game developer communities to get workarounds and settings that you can set to improve the performance of the game.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos