Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

code Ax0000002 how i can avoid this one ? i did everything from support guiald help:)

JPałk
Beginner

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi JPałk,

Thank you for the information.

I can see that your primary drive has indeed 129MB of unallocated space at the end, however the partitions are not correct and that might be the reason why you are getting this error code.

Please see the picture attached to see how the partitions in the primary drive should look like.

Partitions.JPG

I recommend you to re-install the OS while the BIOS is set to UEFI mode so that the partitions can be created correctly and the partition style used is GPT by default.

On the other hand, I also noticed that some drives are Dynamic drives while other ones are Basic type drives. If you are planning to use the Intel® Optane™ Memory with a secondary drive, please keep in mind that only Basic type drives are supported. The following article includes more details about the requirements for secondary drive acceleration: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000027987/memory-and-storage.html

Besides, some drives are also using MBR partition style, like Disk 1, so this drive couldn’t be accelerated with the module. Actually, I highly recommend you to have all your drives formatted using GPT partition style to avoid issues.

So, please go with the OS re-installation making sure your primary drive has the same partitions than in the picture attached.

Let me know how it goes.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
DiegoV_Intel
Hi JPałk, Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities. I understand that you are getting the error code Ax0000002, however could you please let me know in which step of the setup process you are getting the error, or under which circumstances you get it? Please take a screenshot of the error code directly from the application to take a look at it. I’ll be waiting for your response. Have a nice day. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JPałk
Beginner

Hey Diego thanks for answers got this message ​when I try install latest Intel Optane drivers I did what is written but it doesn't help

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi JPałk,

As it is written in the error message, you didn't prepare a 20MB unallocated partition in the end of your system drive. In order to install Optane memory, your Operating System need to meet the following prerequisites:

Microsoft Windows 10 x64 bit Editions installed to a GPT partition on a slow media device (SSD/SSHD/HDD)

1. Ensure the system BIOS is in UEFI mode with CSM disabled before installing the operating system.

2. When installing the Windows OS, make sure to leave an “Unallocated” space with a minimum of 20MB at the end of the disk. 

• So, if your system is installed already and you didn't reserve 20MB free space in the end, you may shrink the main partition by 20MB, leaving 20MB unallocated space in the end (use Disk Manager for this purpose)

Hope this helps

Leon

0 Kudos
JPałk
Beginner
0 Kudos
JPałk
Beginner

But still nothing thisame message

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel
Hi JPałk, Thank you for the screenshot, but unfortunately, I cannot understand what it says. Could you please copy and paste the text here, so that I can translate it using an online translator? On the other hand, please consider that the latest driver is currently down for maintenance to enable installer changes. We hope to have the updated driver available soon, however the one currently available is the 15.9 version, but this one is not the latest one and it doesn’t include all the features that the latest driver has, for example, secondary drive acceleration. Anyhow, please copy and paste the error text here to get a better understanding of the message. Have a nice day. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel
Hi JPałk, Could you please download the Intel® System Support Utility (SSU) and run the full report to collect your system details? The tool is available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Additionally, please open your Disk Management by pressing the Windows* key + x, and then selecting Disk Management form the menu that will appear. Once in Disk Management, please take a screenshot of the window. Lastly, please follow these steps to take another screenshot from your system: 1. Open the command prompt as administrator. 2. Run the command diskpart. 3. Run the command list disk. Please take a screenshot of this output. I’ll be waiting for your response. Have a nice day. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JPałk
Beginner
0 Kudos
JPałk
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
JPałk
Beginner
0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi JPałk,

Thank you for the information.

I can see that your primary drive has indeed 129MB of unallocated space at the end, however the partitions are not correct and that might be the reason why you are getting this error code.

Please see the picture attached to see how the partitions in the primary drive should look like.

Partitions.JPG

I recommend you to re-install the OS while the BIOS is set to UEFI mode so that the partitions can be created correctly and the partition style used is GPT by default.

On the other hand, I also noticed that some drives are Dynamic drives while other ones are Basic type drives. If you are planning to use the Intel® Optane™ Memory with a secondary drive, please keep in mind that only Basic type drives are supported. The following article includes more details about the requirements for secondary drive acceleration: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000027987/memory-and-storage.html

Besides, some drives are also using MBR partition style, like Disk 1, so this drive couldn’t be accelerated with the module. Actually, I highly recommend you to have all your drives formatted using GPT partition style to avoid issues.

So, please go with the OS re-installation making sure your primary drive has the same partitions than in the picture attached.

Let me know how it goes.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

DiegoV_Intel

Hi JPałk,

Do you have any updates about this? Let me know if you still need help.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
JPałk
Beginner

Thanks everything is fine now :)​

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

That’s great!

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi JPalk again,

I'm assuming that you want to accelerate using Optane memory your disk "E" (Disk 2). You can't do this since it's having Dynamic type partition. Only Type Basic partition is supported. See the explanation here:https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000027987/memory-and-storage.html . So, if you want use Optane for this drive, backup your data first, change the partition to Basic and then you will be able to enable Optane memory.

Regards

Leon

0 Kudos