Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Optane Issues after Windows 10 reinstall

TCox2
Beginner

Recently my Windows 10 failed to boot so I ended up resetting everything with a fresh install. That being said I COULD NOT disable my optane memory before reinstalling windows. My specs:

i5 8400

Seagate 1tb SATA drive GPT formatted

Gigabyte Z370p D3 Mobo

Bios F4 (optane supported) UEFI

My optane memory shows up in bios but not as "optane", I can't clean it out with diskpart commands because it doesn't show up. I can not reset to non optane from bios because option isn't present under RST tab. In optane memory app it states "No Compatible disks for Optane Memory" even though my disk is properly formatted. I had Optane working with my drive prior to windows reinstall. So it is compatible. Any help is very much appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TCox2
Beginner

Thank you. I was playing around and was able to fix it in the disk management window

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DiegoV_Intel
Hi TCox2, Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities. Unfortunately, if the module wasn’t disabled beforehand, the only way to recover it is to reset it from BIOS (or from the OS if it’s recognized). I’ve seen the option to reset the module in a couple of Gigabyte BIOS menus under the Peripherals tab, the module and your drives should be listed there. Please check this location as the module may be listed there, otherwise my recommendation would be to contact Gigabyte* directly to get assistance on how to reset the module from BIOS. If it’s not possible, then the other alternative would be to connect the module in another system that has the option to reset the module from BIOS, and then configure it from the original system. I hope this information helps you. Have a nice day. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TCox2
Beginner

Thank you. I was playing around and was able to fix it in the disk management window

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi TCox2,

That’s great!

If you ever have another issue or concern about the module, feel free to open a new thread.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos