Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20634 Discussions

Game Crash with newest HD620 Drivers.

EKuli1
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I'd like to apologise if I've posted this in the wrong forum.

I'm experiencing a game crash when the Intel HD 620 drivers are installed.

The game in question is Harry Potter and half-blood prince, an old game issue yes, but an issue nonetheless.

I can run the game just fine on my main PC (with Nvidia card), however when I install it on my laptop which is equipped with HD620, upon launching, I get a black screen for a few seconds and then the game quits to desktop.

I know this is a Driver issue because when I uninstall it, the game runs normally.

This is what Windows Event Viewer has to say:

Event ID: 1000

Faulting application name: hp6.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x496f4981

Faulting module name: hp6.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x496f4981

Exception code: 0x80000003

Fault offset: 0x001e0ef6

Faulting process ID: 0x2bf0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4909f63300ae9

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Harry Potter\Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince\pc\hp6.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Harry Potter\Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince\pc\hp6.exe

Report ID: ca05df32-e396-402a-bc56-d94779c2ff85

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Perhaps I can report this as a bug to someone, to get it fixed? I doubt Intel would care about an old game, but its worth a try.

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
EKuli1
Beginner

I did some more digging, and it seems the game runs perfectly when I connect my laptop to my 4K TV via an hdmi cable.

Perhaps this is a resolution problem?

My laptop runs on 1920x1080, but so does my main PC and it works fine there.

Lowering resolution on the laptop does not help.

Seems the laptop only lets it play on the highest 4K resolution which is odd.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

will you share the crashed memory dump file in online storage and sbare he link here . Untill you should disable the antivirus p[roducts , firewall products , before playing .

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Hi EKuli1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. We apologize for the delay in responding to your thread. We recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform. What is the model of the motherboard? What is the model of the processor? If this is a laptop, what is the model of it? Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? Was it working fine before? When did the issue start? What is the Windows version that you are using? I found the game requirements for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and actually they recommend to use a video card: https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince/10865 Since you mentioned the laptop works with Intel® HD Graphics 620, we can try to install the Intel® generic graphics driver DCH 25.20.100.6519: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28515/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=96551 Keep in mind that based on the fact that the game works fine with the laptop when using the 4K monitor, it means that probably the monitor of the laptop has some kind of limitation for this game. The manufacturer of the laptop has the option to customized settings and enable/disable features on their unit, that might be the reason why it is not working. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
EKuli1, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
EKuli1, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos