Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Will there be a microcode upgrade to Celeron N3060 to mitigate Spectre 3a?

SVS
Beginner

If not, how vulnerable will the laptop be? Can I run a Bitcoin wallet on it? Will my passwords be secure?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello SVS Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. We have provided a response regarding some of the recent news on this topic at https://newsroom.intel.com/press-kits/security-exploits-intel-products/. I recommend contacting the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for firmware releases to your system and the use of the other security tools. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SVS
Beginner

Hi, thanks for your answer. The OEM can't release a firmware without Intel releasing new microcode for the CPU, that's why I'm asking here. I wounder if there will be a microcode mitigation at all for N3060? Otherwise, will Intel donate money e.g. to Mozilla Foundation so they can pay more programmers to implement site isolation much faster? This additional security will cost the users resources anyways, but Intel helping the free software providers to get there would be something at least.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello SVS Thank you for the information, allow me to share with you that updates related to the spectre and meltdown will be shared on the link provided previously, please monitored that link in case of updates. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos