Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Why does Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility refuse to start?

VGrgi
Beginner

Hi all,

can anyone help me with XTU not wating to start beacuse there might be another performance tuning app running (which isn't true). Yesterday when I installed it it worked perfect. I did some undervolting and today I wanted to try it some more, but the program won't start.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello VGrgi, Thank you for patience and for joining our Intel® community. I understand that you are facing issues with our Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility. In this case depending on your system, there are certain details and limitations that we need to share. In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box. Here is the direct link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- I hope this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
VGrgi
Beginner

Hi,

thanks for Your answer. Here it is.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello VGrgi, Thank you for patience. In this case please consider that our Intel (r) XTU tool can be used by any device but is specially designed for desktop systems. Since your system is a Laptop (Lenovo*), we don't really know where the readings from undervolting are coming from, especially, that most of the BIOS setting are coming from system manufacturer and most of the time, it's pre-defined. We strongly recommend you to contact them in order to perform issue replication or to look for an Intel (r) XTU version that might be optimized by them. I hope this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
VGrgi
Beginner

Thank You for Your reply. I will try that.

0 Kudos