FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Taking FFT of image by using ALTERA FFT IP

MEge
Beginner

Hello,

Can we take fourier transform of the image by using ALTERA IP core. This core take fft of vector. So,  I cannot use this core for image. Is there any solution.

Thanks,

Mert Ege

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the FFT IP.  Generally the FFT IP work with a packet of data. Sorry as I am not very clear on what you mean by image vs vector in your initial description. Would you mind to further elaborate on this? Thank you very much.​

0 Kudos
MEge
Beginner

​I want to take fft of image (2-D Vector) on FPGA. Therefore, I want to use FFT IP of ALTERA. I tried matlab code of IP core but I cannot take fourier transform of image since it does not admit 2-D vector. Would you explain further "packet of data" ? Maybe, it can be solution for my problem.

Thanks.

Mert Ege

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi, As I look into the FFT IP user guide, I am unable to locate any specific information on 2D vector. Sorry if there is any confusion. The packet of data which I mentioned previous is actually referring to the FFT IP will need a packet of data (for example with packet length of 2048) with SOP and EOP to work. The FFT will take in this 2048 packet and the process. Sorry as I am not very clear about 2D vector and thus not sure how to relate your 2D vector to the FFT IP. Probably, you may try to feed your data as one complete packet into the FFT to see if there is any issue? Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you. Best regards, Chee Pin
0 Kudos