Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

HD 520 aero problem after update

GSzab2
Beginner

Hi

i've recently updated the graphics driver thru Dell's SupportAssist program, currently using 21.20.16.4821 on Windows 7.

After the update the aero effects became unavailable, no way to turn on.

Any advice how to solve this, do i need to revert back to older driver?

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

you completely uninstall the old driverwith revouninstaller software , then restart the windows .

and then install the graphics driver

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello GSzab2, Were you able to follow the steps recommended on this thread? If you are still having this issue, please follow these steps and let us know if you are able to enable Windows Aero. 1.Click Start. 2.Select Control Panel. 3.Click Appearance and Personalization. 4.Click Customize Colors. 5.Click Open Classic Appearance. 6.Set color scheme to Windows Vista Aero. If the issue persists, then follow these steps: 1. Troubleshoot Problems with Aero A) Click Start and type: Aero. Then click “Find and fix problems with transparency and other visual effects” B) In the new window click Advanced to fix any problems automatically. NOTE: This information is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GSzab2
Beginner

Hello Wanner

your proposed method is not available. Troubleshooting gives result saying that video card is not supporting WDDM, so Aero is not available.

If i would uninstall the current driver, then which one should is install again? Reason i'm asking as with the previous one (not sure which version was it), Aero was working fine, while with the newest i have problem as described.

Thanks

Gábor

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello GSzab2, Thank you for your response. It is recommended to always install the latest one provided by your system manufacturer. This is because we supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers can change the features, incorporate customization, or make other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. If you still want to try with our latest driver then please refer to the link below, you can find the latest graphics driver for your controller with Windows* 7: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27360/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?product=88355 Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello GSzab2, If you are still having the issue reported, please review this information: A. Verify that your edition of Windows Vista supports Windows Aero. The following editions of Windows Vista support Windows Aero: Windows 7 (All versions) Windows Vista Ultimate Windows Vista Home Premium Windows Vista Enterprise Windows Vista Business To check your Windows Vista edition, click Start and Welcome Center. The edition is listed at the top of the window. B. Your current power plan may be set so that Windows turns off transparency automatically. Change it to the Balanced power plan. Click Start. Click Control Panel. Click Power Options (or click Classic View and then Power Options). Select Balanced. C. Roll back the driver: Open Device Manager. In Device Manager, locate the display adapter. Right-click on the device's name and choose Properties. Click the Driver tab Click the Roll Back Driver button. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello GSzab2, Were you able to review the steps provided on this thread? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello GSzab2, Are you still experiencing the issue reported? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GSzab2
Beginner

Hello Wanner

after uninstalling everything i've tried with Intel's latest driver, it was not helping. Then uninstalled again, removed all drivers which were listed and then installed Dell's latest which finally solved the case.

Gábor

0 Kudos