Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

how to generate .aocx file from .sof or .bin file?

yjian16
Beginner

when I use aoc to generate the bitstream, but I will failed with Quartus_sh time out. So I use the .tcl script to run quartus compilation. It worked and generated the top.sof and fpga.bin. But I do not know how to generate the .aocx file by command. Please give me a command to generate the .aocx file from .bin or .sof file.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MuhammadAr_U_Intel

Hi,

I am not aware of any command to generate .aocx file from .sof, I doubt there is any.

I can help you to root cause the issue coming while using "aoc" command to generate .aocx for example "aoc -c mykernel.cl -o bin/mykernel.aox -board=a10gx "

you may add "-v" to compile command to see detailed messaged in compilation.

Also specify compiler version / BSP you are using.

Thanks,

Arslan

0 Kudos
yjian16
Beginner

Hi

thanks for your reply.

In fact the issue is that I can not generate the .aocx file by the command aoc. In the log, there will be the SERVER warning that the Quartush_sh process timed out. So the process is stopped by the errors. So my solution is to run the tcl script to finish the quartus compilatio and get the fpga.bin file. Although I got the fpga.bin, I have no .aocx file. So I want to know how to generate the .aocx file.

I try to use the aocl binedit command to update the fpga.bin in others .aocx file. I did no know that it will work or not.

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

I know how to get bin from aocx, but not the other way around. The command to get bin from aocx is this:

aocl binedit $aocxfile get .acl.fpga.bin $binfile

Maybe you can try changing the third parameter in the command and see if you can get aocx from bin. However, if you always get a time-out at the end of the compilation process, you should probably try to find the reason for that rather than finding a work-around for generating aocx from bin.

0 Kudos
MuhammadAr_U_Intel

Hi,

I will suggest to root cause the compilation failure.

Share your compilation log file, version of compiler /bsp you are using and kernel file for further investigation.

Thanks,

Arslan

0 Kudos