Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4808 Discussions

i40e with vlans error

AAlec
Beginner

What is the below i40e driver error and how can I get rid of it ?

Seems that each time a new vlan is created this error pops up but i can't seem to find it's efects.

[767114.449311] i40e 0000:04:00.1: Error I40E_AQ_RC_ENOSPC, forcing overflow promiscuous on PF

[767114.449576] i40e 0000:04:00.1: Error I40E_AQ_RC_ENOSPC adding RX filters on PF, promiscuous mode forced on

lspci | grep X710

04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller X710 for 10GbE SFP+ (rev 01)

04:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller X710 for 10GbE SFP+ (rev 01)

ethtool -i enp4s0f1 | grep ver

driver: i40e

version: 2.7.12

firmware-version: 6.80 0x80003cc1 1.2007.0

Running debian9@4.9.0-8-amd64

0 Kudos
10 Replies
WhyeBee_T_Intel
Employee
Hi AAlec, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. We will further check on this and update you once there is information to share. Thank you. Best Regards, Whybe T Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hi AAlec, Please let us know how many VLANs you created prior to seeing this error. Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hi AAlec, Please inform us if you still need assistance with this issue. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
AAlec
Beginner

Hi Daniel,

I have about 116 vlans created.

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hi AAlec, Thank you for the reply. We will update you soon. Let us know if any other questions come up. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello AAlec, Thank you for your patience. It seems that adding a large amount of VLANs can cause overflow promiscuous to trigger. There may be a way to disable this feature. We would recommend contacting the Intel Support for the i40e drivers at Sourceforge, as they may be able to provide a way to disable this. Please see the following for details: https://sourceforge.net/p/e1000/bugs/575/ If you have any other questions please let us know. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hi AAlec, Please let us know if you have contacted the i40e support team at sourceforge. If they provided a solution, or you still have questions please inform us. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hi AAlec, Please let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
AAlec
Beginner

Hi Daniel,

I've not yet reached out through the other forum. I will do so later on.

Thanks for your help.

BR,

Alex

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hi AAlec, Thank you for the reply. When you are able to contact the i40e driver support team, please let us know if they are able to provide a solution. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos