Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows Server 2019* fails to detect I219-V

JH7
Beginner

While installing Windows Server 2019 on an ASRock B360M Pro4 mainboard with integrated Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V, execution of the "Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows Server 2019*" v23.5 of 2018-12-06 terminates with an error indicating that no Intel hardware was found on the system. Using the "Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack" v23.5 results in the same error.

The unidentified device in Windows device manager is labeled as "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15BC&SUBSYS_15BC1849&REV_10".

A similar installation of Windows 10 1809 on the same hardware using "Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows 10" v23.5 succeeds and displays an Ethernet Connection device in Windows device manager.

Now my question should be obvious: How do I get my I219-V Ethernet Connection working under Windows Server 2019?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JH7
Beginner

<Scrapped>

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello JH7, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. The I219-V is not supported on Windows Server 2019. The I219-V is supported on Windows 10, so it will work on Windows 10. The I219-V is a consumer Ethernet controller and is not supported on server operating systems. See page 2 of the product brief for details: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/ethernet-connection-i219-family-product-brief.pdf Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
JH7
Beginner

Hi DanielD,

that's disappointing to hear, but at least I know where I'm at.

Thanks for taking the time to respond in such great detail.

Best regards,

JH

P.S.: You wouldn't possibly know it the situation is different for the Intel Wireless-AC 9560 as per my question in https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004ANx03SAD/intel-wirelessac-9560-not-detected-on-windows-server-2019 ?

0 Kudos
TonyM
Beginner

I'm having the same problem with a Dell OptiPlex 5050 Micro and it's integrated I219-V.

I understand that the I219-V hardware isn't designed for production workloads, but it would be nice to be able to load the driver in WS19 so I don't have to use a USB3-based NIC to do (non-network) testing on a device that already has a built-in NIC. Maybe throw recurring warning/error in the Event log indicating you shouldn't be running consumer hardware with an enterprise operating system?

ESX 6.7 (also not a consumer OS) identifies and loads a driver for the I219-V, but I need to do some validation with Hyper-V and having some type of workaround to the driver install failing on WS19 would be swell.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee

Hello JH7,

Thank for the reply. It looks like the wireless support team provided an answer before our response. Let us know if you have any other questions.

@TonyM​  VMware provides separate validation for hardware. We recommend checking with VMware for more details. Unfortunately support for server operating systems is not planned for the I219-V.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Sergii
Beginner

Dear Intel,

according to Windows Server Catalog Intel Ethernet Connection I219-V is compatible with Windows Server 2019 x64. Link:

https://www.windowsservercatalog.com/item.aspx?idItem=985d89e0-d6d1-b9e0-654c-0209df71a8c7&bCatID=1282

Do I misinterpret that information?

Thank you.

Sergii

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel
Hi Sergii, Thank you for sharing the Windows Server Catalog site. We're not able to comment on the content posted in 3rd party site, please get in touch with Microsoft for further clarification. I219-V is an integrated component and manufacturer might have customized its capabilities to fit into their system. You may also get in touch with your system manufacturer to find out if your system that comes with I219-V is compatible or tested on Windows Server 2019 x64. Best Regards, Vince T. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TexSpb
Beginner

Hi. Its some Intel & MS bug or something. 

Just manual select from drivers lists by manufacture - "Intel", then from drivers list - some like "I219" and confirm uncompatible warnings - all be just fine!