Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4813 Discussions

the pktgen-dpdk doesn't send packets when the intel platform doesn't attach a external video card.

wyf
Beginner

I use dpdk and pktgen-dpdk to test the performance of the platform performance .

The system configuration as follows:

Senders: Intel i5-6600k with two sumsang ddr4 drams (dual channel), one intel XL710 40G NIC.

Command: ./pktgen -C 0xf -n 2 -- -P -m "2.0,3.1"

The packet size set to 64 bytes.

Receiver: Intel i5-660k with two sumsang ddr4 drams(dual channel), one intel XL710 40G NIC.

Command: ./testpmd -C 0xf -n2 -- -i --portmask=0x3 --coremask=0xc

However, when starting to forward the packets, if I use the internal video card, the pktgen will stop after sending severl thousands packets .

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Wyf, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Since this involves DPDK please check with Intel Premier Support using the following link. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/support/ips/training/access-and-login.html Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Wyf, Please let us know if you were able to get assistance from Intel Premier Support regarding DPDK. Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos