Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

Display keeps flashing black

LMcMi1
Beginner

So I recently got this new monitor, it's just your standard 1080p monitor at 75Hz, and I am trying to hook it up to my laptop, with intel hd 620 integrated graphics. The problem is that no matter what I do, the screen will flash black every now and then. I have tried everything, I've reinstalled my display adapter drivers about 4 times, I've tried making sure my laptop screen is exactly the same as this one in that they're both 60Hz instead of this one being 75 and both 1080p. I've swapped cables and ensured that they are plugged all the way in and I am at my wits end. The only difference I can find between the two screens is bit depth, my laptop's is 6 while the monitor is 8 but I don't think that affects it? Also I am fairly certain is not a faulty monitor as I was using my playstation on it just fine a few days ago

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

normally hd 620 graphics supports 60GHz only and its integrated in some processors , visit below link for information

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/96551/graphics-drivers/graphics-for-7th-generation-intel-processors/intel-hd-graphics-620.html

0 Kudos
LMcMi1
Beginner

I already have it set to 60Hz

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
What is your computer model? Have you tried the driver from your computer manufacturer? Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
If you need further assistance let us know. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos