Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Error code 43 on dell inspiron 620 graphic display -how to get the proper divers and get two monitors connection working?

PFerr7
Beginner

Dell Inspiron 620

Intel HD Graphics 2000 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0

2nd Gen Core i5

i5-2310

Intel Core i5 (2nd Gen) 2310 / 2.9 GHz

Intel H61 Express

LGA1155 Socket

Trying to use a second monitor, found out that device manager is diplaying an error code 43. 

Tried several things, for deleiting, disabling , updating drivers, and even using a pci-e video card. Nada. Only time monitors work is in duplicate mode, or then just one. Still showing up that error code.

what else can be done, or how can I fix this?

This is a pc that was upgraded correctly from 7 or 8.1 to windows 10, and has been receiving all updates.

Thanks

Phil

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

I found that i5 2310 does not support windows 10 drivers , Intel released only for windows 7 and 8.1 drivers. so that's why you getting error .

So I would recommend you to downgrade to windows 7 or to 8.1 , then it will work

I checked in dell website , I found dell does not support windows 10 drivers

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-620/drivers

for more information visit below site

https://ark.intel.com/products/53445/Intel-Core-i5-2310-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3-20-GHz-

0 Kudos
PFerr7
Beginner

Hi, thanks for the reply. Do you mean the OS? I am ok with using whatever graphic driver's version is needed to make it work - Where can I find older driver's that would work? I read on Dell's website that older driver's for 8.1 will not work on W10

Thanks

Phil​

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

Yes os only , you reinstall windows 7 or 8.1.

But if you dont bother about graphics driver , then you continue to use windows 10

0 Kudos