Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 530 crashing after enabling

SLeun10
Beginner

Hello,

I have an issue that my screen just crashed when or after login the windows, then it forced to shut down. However, I can get into the safety mode and disable the HD Graphics 530 and reboot into regular mode, then it works properly, but the feedback is nonadjustable brightness of screen. My laptop has a GTX950m and an Intel Graphics 530. I also get latest windows update and bios update. I've tried a lot of version of driver, includes the recommended version from Acer. By the way, I did find a compatible one but the crash occurs again after some days. (i don't remember that version's code)

Disable = no brightness adjustment, battery wastage

Enable = crash when or after login the windows couple seconds without doing anything (web, games, etc)

Anyone could help please.

Laptop information:

Acer V5-591G-79UI

Intel Core i7-6700HQ

GTX950m / Intel Graphics 530​

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

better uninstall the both nvidia and intel graphics drivers and associated softwares completely by using revo uninstaller , restart the windows .

then update both the driver from device manager through windows update , restart the windows

0 Kudos
SLeun10
Beginner

is it necessary to use revo uninstaller? can I uninstall the drivers via device manager?

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

because it dletes waste residue files and associated registry settings with its keys .

I have have tested with four computers , and I am using from last two years

0 Kudos
SLeun10
Beginner

Hi, I got the previous problem again. Btw, during these 2 months, my pc works fine but every time the screen flutters slightly for 1-2 seconds after turning on, then works regularly. But, the crash happens on 15th March with a windows update, any helps? thanks.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello SLeun10 Thank you for the information. I would like to have more system details (operating system build, driver detail), in order to get that please provide me with the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* report. • Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility • Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. What was the Windows® update the happened on your system? Have you performed any graphics drover updates? If so please let me know what driver versions were tested? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SLeun10
Beginner

I updated intel graphics driver to 23.20.16.4901 from computer management.

This is my SSU. Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
VMout
Beginner

I have the same issue but I only use the integrated graphics. I posted a message a few days ago but no one had looked at it.

I installed the latest drivers (25.20.100.6577) and my system freaks out. I removed and reinstalled 25.20.100.6577 drivers three times with no change. The crashes started to affect file integrity of OS system files. Eventually I had to downgrade to the previous version (.6519) to regain some stability and then run sfc to repair system files. System seems to have stabilized now with .6519 drivers.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello SLeun10 Thank you for the information. After reviewing that Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* report I am noticing that you are currently using Windows® 10 build 17134 (RS4 1803) can you complete the update to Windows® 10 build 17763 (RS5 1809) on the system and test the Intel® graphics driver? To complete the Operating System updates you can go to settings, select updates and security and scan the system, or you can use Windows 10 October 2018 Update now available (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10). Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SLeun10
Beginner

I successfully installed Windows® 10 build 17763 (RS5 1809), and my intel HD graphics 530's driver is 23.20.16.4901. It seems stable now, I will tell if the problem occurs again. Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello SLeun10 I am glad to hear that the system is working fine, for future updates you can run the Windows® updates on the system. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos