Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1342 Discussions

Can't detect the Intel Optane memory in RST software.

Paro
Beginner

Hello Sir,

My new laptop is Dell G3 3579. But in the RST Software it's written as 'Your system appears to be intel optane memory ready but no Intel Optane memory modules were detected in your computer. Please install a compatible module.' Also i had gone through the earlier listed solutions but none of them work.

Also I installed the Optane memory module instead of RST but when the laptop goes to restart, it didn't restarted properly, the laptop was ON but the screen appears to be BLACK.

And I also attached the SSU file of my laptop.

Please help me with this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JosafathB_Intel
Hello Paro, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: •We will like to know if you have contacted your original equipment manufacturer (OEM) Dell* in order to get the appropriate BIOS configuration. •A screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows showing all your HDDs and partitions (this to have a better view on how your HDD is detected by the OS) • We will like to know if you are using the latest version of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28413) that is the version: 16.8.0.1000. We will be looking forward to your reply including this information. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Paro
Beginner

Thanks for replying.

Yes Sir I'm confirmed about my laptop BIOS configuration it's all right. Below are the Disk management and the RST software version in up to date.

RST Software.pngDisk Management.png

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Paro,

Considering the fact that your laptop is new, you should contact Dell* directly to get better assistance on configuring the module in your specific laptop model, especially if the laptop already included the module.

Configuring laptop systems is not the same as desktop computers. Laptops usually include special features at BIOS and OS level that we are not aware of, so before doing any system change we always recommend to contact the manufacturer.

Regarding to the pictures attached, I cannot see the module there, so it is not being recognized by the OS. I recommend you to check if the module is recognized at BIOS level. If you are not able to see the module even in BIOS, then it might be possible that it’s damaged.

Anyhow, please contact Dell* as they can help you better with the BIOS settings and navigation.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

JosafathB_Intel
Hello Paro, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello Paro, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos