Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Unable to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10, Graphics card isn't compatible

NDANI
Beginner

I would grateful for any advice; I have just bought a refurbished Dell Optiplex 9010 PC with Win 7 and wish to upgrade to Win 10. I first installed all the latest Windows updates; however Windows 10 would not finish its installation due to the message "Intel (R) HD Graphics not being compatible". Driver version is the lastest, 10.18.10.5059. Does this mean I need to purchase a new graphics card? If so which ones? What is the minimum (i.e. cheapest) I need to ensure I install Win 10 OK? I am not a gamer and just have basic requirements for occasional streaming. Dell system report attached. Thanks in advance 😁

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

I checked below website , windows 10 32 64 bit is compatible

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/optiplex-9010/drivers

And also I found that , you desktop had old bios firmware , but latest version is A30

Is better download the latest bios , by entering service tag code on dell support site

Some newer external graphics card could not be compatible , because its need compatible BIOS firmware

I would recommend you to contact dell workstation support customer care

NDANI
Beginner

Thank you Sir. You were right in that my BIOS needed to be updated too and after doing this it seemed to resolve the final issue, however the upgrade to Windows 10 failed at the last moment. I decided then to to do a clean install rather than an upgrade from Win 7 and eventually was successful. I am grateful for your assistance

0 Kudos