Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel 9260 Bluetooth not working

KRedd7
Beginner

I bought an Intel 9260 wireless card for my laptop as it has Bluetooth 5.0 capabilities.

So as soon as i got it, i opened up my laptop, removed the old card and put the new one in.

Only the WiFi was working out of the box,so I downloaded the latest drivers for both.

Followed the instruction as per the website (Uninstalled existing drivers and software and then installed Bluetooth first followed by the WiFi drivers)

restarted the machine and Bluetooth ain't working.

In fact its not even visible in the device manager after installing the drivers.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

KRedd7, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Are you sure the antennas are properly connected?

What is the model of the laptop?

Which Windows version are you using?

In this case what we can try first is to reset the Bluetooth feature:

-Go to the search Windows search bar

-Type services

-Click Yes at the pop-up window to allow this app to make changes

-Locate the Bluetooth Support Service and click on

Bluetooth.jpg

-Click Restart at the left top corner

We can also try a clean installation of the drivers, not sure if these are the steps you already tried, but just to make sure here is the link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

We recommend to install the wireless drivers provided by the manufacturer of the laptop, those drivers were customized by them to work with your specific system.

As an option, we can try to install the Intel® generic wireless drivers, version 20.110.0:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28503/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=99445

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
KRedd7, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
KRedd7, Is there anything we cal help you with? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
bdile
Beginner

try blocking this pin in the pic below

0 Kudos
Hsain2
Beginner

I also had same problem then i searched and found out if you cover these 2 connectors with tape or anything it will start to work . it worked for me on my lenovo flex 3 1570 with Intel 9260 thanks .kgw3cl1hkiz2.jpg

0 Kudos
pragun16
Beginner

Blocking those 2 pins actually work. I'm dual booting my laptop with Ubuntu 20.04 and Windows 10. For me, the bluetooth was working a couple of days ago but stopped all of a sudden without me doing anything at all. I checked in both Ubuntu and Windows and both Operating Systems showed that the bluetooth device wasn't installed. So I highly suspected that the drivers were fine and either it was the hardware issue or some BIOS issue. So I covered those two pins using a black tape and now the bluetooth and wifi both work perfect. I'm not sure what the two pins do but since I upgraded from an Intel 3165NG card, I found out that those 2 pins were not there. Also, I'm not sure why this new card was working perfectly a couple of days ago without blocking the pin and stopped all of a sudden. I'm using a Toshiba Satellite L55-C with Intel 9260NGW card now. Check this link for more proofs that blocking the pins work: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/549994/intel-9260ngw-bluetooth

0 Kudos