FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

DDI Port mapping to FPGA Pins

SB_S
Beginner

For DDI port , should I need to use the transceiver pins(1C bank) or differential pins of 2L bank of 10AS016?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Dear Supritha, As I understand it, you seems to have some inquiries related to the A10 DDI port. To ensure we are on the same page, would you mind to further elaborate on the following: 1. What is the specific A10 SX part that you are using? 2. Are you using a devkit from Intel PSG or your own board? 3. Would you mind to further elaborate on the DDI port that you are referring to? Is it some interface availabe on the devkit? Some web reference or explanation on this interface will be helpful. 4. Please share with me also the specific data rate and requirement for the DDI port. Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you. Best regards, Chee Pin
0 Kudos
SB_S
Beginner

Please see my answers as below -

1​. What is the specific A10 SX part that you are using?

SBS : Full Part number is 10AS016.

2. Are you using a devkit from Intel PSG or your own board?

SBS : We are developing a new board with 10AS016.

3. Would you mind to further elaborate on the DDI port that you are referring to? Is it some interface availabe on the devkit? Some web reference or explanation on this interface will be helpful.

SBS: Yes, this DDI port is available on the Dev Kit. DP_ML_LANE_N0 is the net name used in the Devkit.

4. Please share with me also the specific data rate and requirement for the DDI port.

SBS : if DDI port works at lower speed also is fine for us.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your clarification on the net name in the A10 SOC devkit. As I understand it, the DDI port that you are referring are for Display Port. Based on my understanding with Display Port usage in A10 devices, generally they are connected to the high speed XCVR pins instead of GPIOs.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
SB_S
Beginner
0 Kudos
SB_S
Beginner

​And also instead of 4 lanes of DDI ( Display port ) , can we use just 2 DDI lanes to connect the Display and does the Display  Port IP supports the 2 lane implementation ?

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi, as I checked with the A10 DisplayPort IP, the "Maximum lane count" support value of 1, 2 and 4. Therefore, there should be no issue to support 2 lanes.
0 Kudos