Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

I need help with related "display adapers" errors

dloc
Beginner

I need help with related "display adapers" errors. Below is a picture of the error and configuration of my device. Thanks for the help

+)error

ScreenShot_20190117202256.png

+)my device

ScreenShot_20190119195929.png

ScreenShot_20190119195929.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel's chipset-based graphics solutions are not supported on Windows 10. Intel does not provide Windows 10 drivers for hardware this old. The only way to run Windows 10 on this hardware is using the Microsoft compatibility drivers (they would have been loaded by default). Unfortunately, these drivers have some issues as you have seen. You can try contacting Microsoft, but, if they respond at all (usually they don't), they will tell you that they too do not provide support hardware this old either (if the compatibility drivers work, great, but if they don't, that's too bad).

Your alternatives are few:

• You could try using an add-in graphics card that has an NVIDIA or AMD graphics solution that is still supported.
  • You could try backing off to Windows 8.1 or to Windows 7.
  • You could scrap this system completely (it is 11+ years old, after all, and other failures are likely immanent) and purchase something more modern.

Sorry I didn't have a better answer, but this is the reality of the situation.

...S

dloc
Beginner

thank you very much

0 Kudos