Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4879 Discussions

Programming iNVM on i210 via JTAG

MNM_tm
Beginner

For mass production, we need to program four i210's per board. Preferably without booting to an OS first.

So what I'm looking for is a way to program the iNVM of the four i210's. Is that possible via JTAG and if so, what software/hardware tooling do I need?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello MNM_tm Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. The I210 iNVM is programmed with EEupdate. Please see page 8 of the I210 FAQs: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/faqs/ethernet-controller-i210-i211-faq.pdf?language=en_US If you have any other questions about programming the I210 please check with the Embedded Products Community. They may have information on using JTAG instead of EEupdate. https://forums.intel.com/s/topic/0TO0P00000018NIWAY/embedded-products Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MNM_tm
Beginner

Thank you for your reply, Daniel.

I was already aware of EEUPDATE. But in order to use that tool, every single board must boot a DOS (compatible) OS by itself. That requires CPU cooling and memory to be installed on every board, which is very undesireable for mass production. Also, the boards we manufacture do not have video output, only serial console. Therefore, the use of DOS and a programming tool like EEUPDATE (that doesn't support console redirection!) is very unuseful for us.

I will check the Embedded Products Community to see if they have any information on this matter. Thanks for the hint.

0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello MNM_tm Thank you for the reply. Hopefully the embedded team can help you out with this. Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos