Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Intel Optane 16GB is compatible with Xeon E-2176M?

PMadr
Beginner

I am going to buy an HP ZBook 17 G5 computer, with Xeon E-2176M; 512GB PCIe NVMe Cell Solid State Drive; 1TB 7200RPM and Intel Optane 16GB Solid State Drive

In the INTEL documentation "Support for the Intel Optane Memory Platform and Software," the Intel Xeon E-2176M processor is not included as a processor compatible with Optane technology, but HP includes it in its ZBook 17 G5 computer as One option.

Is this HP configuration correct, and will it work?

I need this information to buy the HP computer or find another solution.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi PMadr,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

As you mention, this processor is not listed in the supported processors list, however, when it comes to laptop systems it’s better to contact the manufacturer for confirmation about the compatibility with the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

Even though the laptop includes a processor that appears in the list, if the laptop was not designed to work with the Intel® Optane™ Memory, it will not be compatible. A similar thing may happen in the opposite way; it may be possible that the laptop doesn’t necessary have a processor that is included in the list, but the laptop itself might have been designed to support the module.

Since this depends on the laptop design, only the manufacturer can confirm the compatibility with the module. Usually, the manufacturers include the module in the product specification, and they are usually included from factory.

Having said this, I cannot confirm you if this specific laptop or any other model is compatible with the module. The best recommendation I can give you is to contact HP* directly to get the confirmation from them, and if it results that this specific model is not compatible, they can tell you which models are Optane™ compatible.

I hope you find this information useful.

If there is anything else I can help you with, feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi PMadr,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

As you mention, this processor is not listed in the supported processors list, however, when it comes to laptop systems it’s better to contact the manufacturer for confirmation about the compatibility with the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

Even though the laptop includes a processor that appears in the list, if the laptop was not designed to work with the Intel® Optane™ Memory, it will not be compatible. A similar thing may happen in the opposite way; it may be possible that the laptop doesn’t necessary have a processor that is included in the list, but the laptop itself might have been designed to support the module.

Since this depends on the laptop design, only the manufacturer can confirm the compatibility with the module. Usually, the manufacturers include the module in the product specification, and they are usually included from factory.

Having said this, I cannot confirm you if this specific laptop or any other model is compatible with the module. The best recommendation I can give you is to contact HP* directly to get the confirmation from them, and if it results that this specific model is not compatible, they can tell you which models are Optane™ compatible.

I hope you find this information useful.

If there is anything else I can help you with, feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi PMadr,

I would like to know if the information above answered your concern, and also if there is anything else ca help you with.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
PMadr
Beginner

Thank you very much for your quick response, now I will wait to receive the HP Mobile Workstation and verify that Optane works well, if there is any doubt or problem I will ask again.

Best regards

Pedro Madrid

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Pedro,

Sure, no problem.

If you have any other concern in the future, feel free to open a new thread.

We’ll try to help you in any way we can, however please also consider that if the manufacturer doesn’t confirm the system is compatible with the module, then it won’t be possible to configure and set up the module.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos